RLS100 Hotel Parking

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
I have parking sorted but a friend is staying in the Holiday Inn Stratford.
Where are people parking that are staying in one of the hotels Fri and Sat night?
Think he plans to park in the Westfield car park.

Comments

• rich_e
    rich_e Posts: 389
    Just thought I'd point out this which was in the e-mail from Ride London just an hour ago:

Please also note that you will NOT be able to park at Westfield Stratford City.
  • Anonymous
    Yes, that's what made me ask on here lol.

So where is everyone who is staying at the hotels planning to park if not at Westfield?

Maybe people staying in the hotels get some kind of pass.
  • rich_e
    rich_e Posts: 389
    That may be the case, or at least some kind of reduce rate, long stay parking arrangement, however, it sounds like the kind of thing you need to speak to the hotel about. I wouldn't want to just turn up without knowing whether I could park.
  • Anonymous
    I have told him to confirm parking twice previously and again after getting the email, so hopefully he will get it confirmed today.

We are parking at the wife's office on Friday, but I will not be 100% happy until the car is safely in its reserved space.
  • Shackster
    Shackster Posts: 257
    Christ this sent me into a blind panic. :shock:

I have twice confirmed with Premier Inn (part of Westfield) that I will be able to leave my car there until after the event, having parked overnight. They also said I could take my bike into the room (although I don't have that in writing :lol: ).

I read the email just now and to me it means that people can't turn up on the day and park there (it says about westfield having just mentioned the event car parks). I'm sure those arriving the day before and staying in a hotel will be fine. It doesn't mention hotels at all.
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • AndypG800
    AndypG800 Posts: 33
    Don't know about the parking but we are staying at the premier inn and they have confirmed the bike is ok in the room
  • Mikey1976
    Mikey1976 Posts: 165
    Im staying at the Premier Inn and they said to park in the Westfield Shopping Centre, you don't think this will be affected do you???
  • Shackster
    Shackster Posts: 257
    No. Pretty sure that hotel parking is not what the email is referring to. Due to the fact the email doesn't mention hotels at all!!

We all need to stop fretting. ☺
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike