Santa Cruz Chameleon or Cotic Soul

bumbles
bumbles Posts: 9
edited July 2013 in MTB buying advice
Trying to decide between the two. I ride on the South Downs anything from an hour to all day sessions. Cross country to a bit of jumping off stuff (nothing too challenging) but generally ragging around the place.

Quite like responsive frames and was just wondering what the general consensus on the better frame might be to influence my choice :)

Cheers!

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Either are great bikes, the Soul is very light for a steel frame and has a definite springy feel to it, very lively but also pretty comfy as well. The Chameleon weighs pretty much the same, despite being aluminium and previous versions have been pretty brutal.

The Soul would be a great bike for what you describe, springy and comfortable enough for a whole days riding. Another to consider is the Stanton Slackline, slightly beefier than the soul and over £100 cheaper, great little bike that can do just about anything. Considering one for myself.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I can vouch for stanton slacklines they are lovely bikes, just a tad expensive. I suppose it's around the same price as the soul however so...

I'd go slackline out of those three bikes