disc fork

irn_bru_ce
irn_bru_ce Posts: 8
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
looking for a disc fork that will fit tightly over a 38c tyre, don't want any room for fenders, want to keep the crown low as possible, what do others think?

It's for a polo bike so low price would be prefered, 2nd hand is fine

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,272
    What kind of steerer do you need?

1 inch? 1 1/8 inch? tapered?
    left the forum March 2023
  • 1 1/8 please
  • ugo.santalucia
    Something like this?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... tAodo30APQ

They also make a carbon one, but it's double the price
  • Yeah, that sort of thing, but lower a-c height, I have also seen cheaper Mosso forks on ebay, but they are quite roomy as well
  • ugo.santalucia
    irn_bru_ce wrote:
    Yeah, that sort of thing, but lower a-c height, I have also seen cheaper Mosso forks on ebay, but they are quite roomy as well

You do need at least 39-40 cm if you want to use 38 mm tyres on 700 C rims. I have 39.5, I mount 32 mm tyres and have 12 mm clearance
  • OK , thanks for that , I've not seen a 38mm tyre in person in this type of fork, just been going by pictures online , I'll have to do some experimenting , do you mind if I ask which fork you have with this measurement?
  • ugo.santalucia
    irn_bru_ce wrote:
    OK , thanks for that , I've not seen a 38mm tyre in person in this type of fork, just been going by pictures online , I'll have to do some experimenting , do you mind if I ask which fork you have with this measurement?

It's the one that came with my Croix de fer frame... don't think you can buy it separately. But most Cyclocross forks are 39-40 cm and if you want disc, you are bound to get a CX fork