BEONE RAW PRO

earthvspace4XTuUWcX
earthvspace4XTuUWcX Posts: 322
edited July 2013 in Your road bikes
Built this last year, my first carbon bike, made a few changes over that time, but thought I'd now post it up, Beone have now apparently gone bust, so might not see many of these around!
I built it 'on the cheap', it's 2011 frame I picked up from a CRC clearance sale, some of the other components I've bought second hand or poached off my winter bike. The red looks a bit pale in the photos, in real life it's a lovely fire engine red.

DSCF0184_zps08a72d3e.jpgDSCF0186_zps0a0d7268.jpgDSCF0191_zps5a81b0c6.jpg

Frame and forks Beone Raw pro 990g and 330g
Wheels: handbuilt by myself, Mavic open pro rims, Record rear hub, 32 DT comp spokes 3X, alloy nipples, Goldtec front hub, 28 hole, DT comp, alloy nipples 2X. Bare wheelset weighs 1590g
Tyres: Vredestein Fortezza Superlight, Michelin latex tubes.
Chainset: Sram S950 BB30 (CRC clearence sale) originally a 50/34 compact but I've fitted a BBB 46 outer ring which I prefer.
Cassette: Campag Chorus 10 speed (Ebay 2nd hand)
Rear mech: Campag Record (Ebay, 2nd hand)
Front mech: Campag Centaur (new)
Chain: Sram
Brake Levers: Campag Veloce (Ebay 2nd hand) the older version with the neater smaller hoods.
Calipers: Campag Centaur (2nd hand from a bike jumble)
Bars: FSA K wing compact (off my winter bike)
Stem: ITM (new)
Seatpost Deda Superzero carbon(new)
Saddle: Specialized Toupe Expert (2nd hand Ebay)
Pedals: Time RSX
Garmin 200
Planet X bottle cages
Planet X skewers.
All up weight incl. the pedals is about 7kg or just under.

Some of you might criticize the mix of alloy and carbon and the mishmash of components, but I'm happy with it. :D

Comments

• No criticism from me. That's a great build. Looks ready to race.
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    Good looking bike
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Enjoy this :) Hope you don't break two of 'em like I did ;) (not a criticism of the bike, just my luck!)
  • Enjoy this :) Hope you don't break two of 'em like I did ;) (not a criticism of the bike, just my luck!)

Hi, yes I've seen your previous posts and the experiences of your broken Beone frames, that was after I had bought mine :D
    I've ridden over 1000 miles on mine now, and touchwood no cracks!
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Hehe - yours is lovely, I agree. As I said, one of my frames had an issue but the second problem I had was fully the fault of the car that hit me so can't blame the bike :) Enjoy every mile matey!
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    That looks great! Perfectly set up, perfect OCP photos and awesome bike!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Thanks Declan.