Was dads giant OCR 3 now it's mine :-)

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited August 2013 in Your road bikes
Dad gave me his giant OCR 3 think its 2009 maybe 2007 not quite sure anyway here's a befor and after pic of what I have changed .... Oh it was free lol

When my dad had it completely standard

null_zps03bb80cb.jpg

Now

null_zps46cfa1d9.jpg

Now has gatorskins on San Marco saddle and dead zero stem and bars and shimano pedals think the m series but can't remember what ones exactly and some giant bottle cages

I could do with a better group set but I'm not going to change it until it fails it currently has shimano sora on at the moment with triple rings up front comes in handy some times :-)
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• flybywire
    flybywire Posts: 575
    nice, I had the 2006 model - medium compact same colour although without the stripes and upgraded forks to itm carbon - handled really well. Changed the gearset to campag veloce, with scirrocco G3 aero wheels.. fast bike. weighed 8.5kg.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    wonky saddles clearly run in the family.. ;)
  • sigorman85
    Wonky saddle ?
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• imposter2.0
    sigorman85 wrote:
    Wonky saddle ?

both appear to be pointing down...
  • sigorman85
    Only slightly maybe the angle of the pic ..... Better than pointing to the sky

• mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    But not as good as a flat one levelled with a spirit level. Trust us, were right.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    That rocks as a starter/communter/winter bike: I've had an OCR 4 as a winter hack for about 7 years now and its faultless: bombproof and really comfy to ride when the weather gets rotten.

Upgrade the bits as you go along - mine has 105 all round with some Kyserium Elites and old Lemond carbon forks and ally seat post - worth next to nowt now so its a pure really rubbish weather hack but too cool to get rid of.
  • But not as good as a flat one levelled with a spirit level. Trust us, were right.

No, you really aren't.
  • imposter2.0
    But not as good as a flat one levelled with a spirit level. Trust us, were right.

No, you really aren't.

So you think a non-level saddle is preferable to a level one? :lol:
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    Not keen on the colour!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Imposter wrote:

No, you really aren't.

Only if Richard the mod says so. And of he doesn't agree then he'll lock the thread and call you a perve and you won't be allowed to defend yourself.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Yossie wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

No, you really aren't.

Only if Richard the mod says so. And of he doesn't agree then he'll lock the thread and call you a perve and you won't be allowed to defend yourself.

But Yossie, How do you become a Mod?

He s just a Feckin Bell Boy
  • imposter2.0
    I'm almost afraid to ask - who is 'richard the mod' ?
  • Imposter wrote:

No, you really aren't.

In some instances, yes. I find a slightly tilted saddle a lot more comfortable than a dead level one.
  • imposter2.0
    Imposter wrote:

No, you really aren't.

In some instances, yes. I find a slightly tilted saddle a lot more comfortable than a dead level one.

Can we see a pic?
  • I'm sure I can get something sorted although I really fail to see why I'm required to justify myself to you?
  • imposter2.0
    I'm sure I can get something sorted although I really fail to see why I'm required to justify myself to you?

Just interested in anyone's logic behind a non-level saddle, that's all. If you don't want to post one, then don't.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Lucky lad...