Merckx EMX-3

poppit
poppit Posts: 926
edited November 2013 in Your road bikes
The new addition to the family.

Campag Athena Compact Carbon - 50/34
Fulcrum Racing 5 with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tyres
Shimano Ultegra Carbon pedals
Finishing Kit: 3T Ergonova alloy bar,Arx alloy stem, Palladio post, Prologo Kappa saddle
17.8lb with pedals

Rides like a dream.

bb5d.jpg
6fxz.jpg
m7dy.jpg
c84f.jpg
bs4d.jpg
pps1.jpg
Eddy Merckx EMX-3
Dolan L'Etape
Cougar Zero Uno
Genesis Core 50
Planet X TOR

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Nice! I do seem to like black and red bikes, for me it would have black saddle and tape but that's just me.
    Enjoy it.
  • poppit
    diamonddog wrote:
    Nice! I do seem to like black and red bikes, for me it would have black saddle and tape but that's just me.
    Enjoy it.
    Yes, me also, thought I was getting that as well but it turned up with both white, will probably change them when the tapes dirty!
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • johnnymcg259
    johnnymcg259 Posts: 569
    you've got a big back garden!!
  • Nickoo
    Nickoo Posts: 85
    Looks a very nice bike
  • poppit
    Forgot to say, it's 29% off at Merlin.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Dude - sometimes nailed a huge piece of wood to your pedal! That's going to well upset the handling and going round bends. Its not even colour co-ordinated.
  • poppit
    Yossie wrote:
    Dude - sometimes nailed a huge piece of wood to your pedal! That's going to well upset the handling and going round bends. Its not even colour co-ordinated.
    I've hollowed it out, fits on my foot just right :lol:
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • poppit
    Made a few changes and had a bike fit. Swapped the bars, stem (extra 10mm) and seatpost to the ARX Team version and changed the saddle to a Fizik Aliante. The carbon bars and seatpost have improved the comfort particularly on the numerous 'top dressed' roads we now seem to have around here. I really like the 3mm Fizik tape as well, has a nice feel to it. I think that going from white to black has improved the look. It is the most stable bike I have ridden, not sure why though.

ubk4.jpg
    fcqj.jpg
    r4lk.jpg
    gde5.jpg
    ogoi.jpg
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    liked the white. sorry...
  • like the black, not sorry!
  • I see your custom woodblock has gone too.....did the bikefit suggest the rock? :D
  • poppit wrote:
    It is the most stable bike I have ridden, not sure why though.

I remember reading this when I was looking at buying an EMX: http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/eddy-merckx-cycles-to-investigate-bike-stability-36944/ Seems like Merckx put plenty of R&D into stability.
  • poppit
    I see your custom woodblock has gone too.....did the bikefit suggest the rock? :D
    Just making use of the local geology, also the new insoles didn't fit the rock :D
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • poppit
    poppit wrote:
    It is the most stable bike I have ridden, not sure why though.

I remember reading this when I was looking at buying an EMX: http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/eddy-merckx-cycles-to-investigate-bike-stability-36944/ Seems like Merckx put plenty of R&D into stability.
    Yes, it feels like I could ride it for miles with no-hands, not the case with my Cougar that I rode yesterday.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR