Assos bibs. Da bollox!!

ct8282
ct8282 Posts: 414
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
Been riding around with Gore Power 2.0 bibs for the last few weeks. Having come from £40 baggies the bibs were a revelation and made a huge difference to my comfort levels when riding. £60 well spent indeed.

Anyway, bought some of the Assos TFI.Uno_S5 (stupid bloody names they give their products) last week and wore them for the first time this morning on a 26 mile fast ride. All I can say is these bibs are the absolute mutts nuts. Comfort is so superior to the Gore's I can't even begin to tell you. The pad is just superb and at no point during the ride was I even conscious of my ass being on a hard road bike saddle. They really are that good. The only problem now is that I won't ever wear my Gore's again as they just don't compare and I still give them an 8 out of 10. The Assos are a straight 10/10 in my books.

If you been considering them but have been out off by the price, I promise you won't regret buying them. More than worth the price tag.

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    of course they are, that's why they're expensive, worth every penny.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    You may wish to recalibrate your scoring matrix if you try out a pair of their T FI 13 bibs!

Peter
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    giant man wrote:

One more convert to Assos Giant Man.
    Brian B.
  • ct8282
    ct8282 Posts: 414
    Brian B wrote:
    giant man wrote:

I wish I knew how good they were sooner. Then I wouldn't have wasted £60 on the Gore's and would be half way to buying another pair of Assos.

Hmm, what to get next. Mille's or 13's? And how come the women who model the ladies Assos gear are soooooo fit!!
  • Brian1
    Brian1 Posts: 595
    Only problem I find with Assos shorts is that they fade very quichly
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Brian B wrote:
    giant man wrote:

+1 - absolutely Brian!