Tdf2014

dannyharris
dannyharris Posts: 217
edited July 2013 in Pro race
Anyone got a spare camp site or back garden in North Yorkshire for the tdf next year?
Can't find a space anywhere.

Comments

• JohnnyAllez
    JohnnyAllez Posts: 785
    Grassington Rugby Union club were offering pitches last week, usual facilities etc and close to both stages they said.
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • dannyharris
    dannyharris Posts: 217
    Thanks have dropped them a mail.
  • mikey2341
    mikey2341 Posts: 170
    Will motorhomes be able to park up en route like we can in France??
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    mikey2341 wrote:
    I have a feeling they will have to, otherwise the police will have a helluva job on moving vans on...

(however, it would just be like the UK to have the roadside fenced off weeks in advance, like they do on the roads outside of Appleby before the travellers fair!
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    durhamwasp wrote:
    however, it would just be like the UK to have the roadside fenced off weeks in advance, like they do on the roads outside of Appleby before the travellers fair!
    Wonderful :wink: .
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • mikey2341
    mikey2341 Posts: 170
    durhamwasp wrote:
    mikey2341 wrote:
    I have a feeling they will have to, otherwise the police will have a helluva job on moving vans on...

(however, it would just be like the UK to have the roadside fenced off weeks in advance, like they do on the roads outside of Appleby before the travellers fair!

I did 15 stages of this years tour on the road side. We made the most of the morning riding part of the stage and then cheered them on during the afternoon. Drove on to the next stage and had a few beers, it was the best holiday I've ever had!!
  • Ive already got my spot marked out in Epping Forest for stage 3 :D . Its my stomping ground so will be superb to see them bomb it through the forest literally a stones throw from the top of my road. Can't wait.
  • geoffh73
    geoffh73 Posts: 85
    Both Skipton and Keighley rugby clubs have announced camping will be available for le Tour next year.

Geoff
  • thefog
    thefog Posts: 197
    Motorhomes will be permitted in general on verges [that can accommodate them], but not on the actual carriageway. Don't expect to get to some areas though, particularly in motorhomes or cars - 1m people expected each day along the routes - you'll need to be at some places by very early morning at the latest. Also don't expect to be able to get from one point of route to another. Even getting away afterwards will be slow moving.