Trek 1.1 2013

ncfc70
ncfc70 Posts: 9
edited August 2013 in Your road bikes
I know is "only entry level", but I love it. Got an absolute bargain second hand earlier in the year, done the Norwich 100 on it early June and the 2300 group has never skipped a beat. I added Bontrager cages, Exustar pedals and Cateye computer. Tyres could be better, but will wait till they are worn before replacing. Hope the pictures work:

Image026_zps9d0266ae.jpg

Image028_zps644ea395.jpg

Image027_zpsa0d617b3.jpg

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    You need to trim that steerer tube! Bike looks great though - I love the paint schemes on Treks.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    I think you have yourself a nice bike there. I thought 'entry level' bikes had stabilisers on them. :)
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Cracking bike! That's the bike that got me into road cycling (2010 model) unfortunately mine was a bit small so had to go.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • ncfc70
    ncfc70 Posts: 9
    Thanks for positive responses. How do I cut that? Will a decent hacksaw do? Got to say am a bit fearful of cutting off chunks of metal from my bike!
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    ncfc70 wrote:
    Thanks for positive responses. How do I cut that? Will a decent hacksaw do? Got to say am a bit fearful of cutting off chunks of metal from my bike!

It's probably best to take it to your LBS. They'll have tools that enable them to cut it perfectly straight and they'll need to push the star nut down further too.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    My first road bike was a Trek 1.1 (2009). It's now my winter commuter, grubby and covered in mudguards and lights! Warning, you will quickly start acquiring more road bikes, people warn you about this but you never think it will happen to you, damn expensive hobby, fun though.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)