The concept of "fatigue faking"

Yellow Peril
Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
edited July 2013 in Pro race
Whilst there are still sceptics as to the cleanliness of the current peleton based on how strong particular riders appear to be does the forum think that doping cheats (if there are any) will start to measure their efforts more carefully so that they don't appear to be that much stronger than the rest of the Peleton?

There have been so many "obvious" cheats over the last few years, Schumacher, Flandis, Ricco and any local guy in the Tour of Turkey will guilty riders start to back off in races?
@JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    Yeah, that Froome bloke eased off in the TT this year to avoid winning it and looking dodgy apparently (source Bike Radar forum). I think he is also rumoured to have taken it easy and not go with Quintana on the stage to Semnoz. Year before his team mate had to keep reigning him in to try to head off suspicion :wink:
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    I think Pross beat me but I was going to say cue a slew of Froome in the TT, Froome on Annecy Semnoz postings, and another doping thread.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Same idea, different objective. Did Froome fake fatigue during week 3 so that other teams would do more work at the front and save his weakened team?

You have to acknowledge that Sky have done a fraction of the work on the front they did last year.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    If that is the case then Quintana must be a prime suspect. He has not even bothered to make up a pain face. He looks like he is off to the shops on every stage, regardless of how long or steep the climb.
  • morstar
    Can we not have di Luca added to any list of obvious cheats btw?

'Oh, I haven't attacked since yesterday, better go again!'
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Shall we tell Andy and Bertie that we don't think they are doping?
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    a bit like richie porte you mean? I don't know who knows, these riders can never win due to the sports history,
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    morstar wrote:
    Same idea, different objective. Did Froome fake fatigue during week 3 so that other teams would do more work at the front and save his weakened team?

You have to acknowledge that Sky have done a fraction of the work on the front they did last year.

Sky weren't as good as they were last year. They missed Wiggo and Rodgers.

I honestly think Froome was knackered, you only had to see him on the podium in the last week to see that he had pretty much shot his bolt.
  • Faking fatigue undoubtedly is a possible tactic in cycling, as it is in other sports.

This takes us no further forward in surmising who is cheating and who isn't.
  • morstar
    Faking fatigue undoubtedly is a possible tactic in cycling, as it is in other sports.

It's a bit Pythonesque really isn't it.

He is the Messiah!

No I'm not!

Only the true Messiah would deny his divinity.

OK, I am the Messiah!

He is the Messiah.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    morstar wrote:
    Faking fatigue undoubtedly is a possible tactic in cycling, as it is in other sports.

It's a bit Pythonesque really isn't it.

He is the Messiah!

No I'm not!

Only the true Messiah would deny his divinity.

OK, I am the Messiah!

He is the Messiah.

So true, so true. :roll: