Sidi Wire v Ergo 2 sizing?

on-yer-bike
on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
Do Sidi Wire come up bigger than Ergo 2-3?
Pegoretti
Colnago
Cervelo
Campagnolo

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I can't see it somehow, I have Ergo 2s and 3s and both same size wise, as I'm sure the Wires are. Why do you think they come up bigger than the 2s and 3s?
  • loismustdie
    loismustdie Posts: 127
    I have the Wires in 45 and they're identical to my 5.5s I've had for a few years, so I'd think Sidi sizing is consistent across the range. When I was researching the Wires I saw nothing to suggest they were any different in their sizing to other Sidi models.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    I have the Wires in 45 and they're identical to my 5.5s I've had for a few years, so I'd think Sidi sizing is consistent across the range. When I was researching the Wires I saw nothing to suggest they were any different in their sizing to other Sidi models.
    Nope, Ergo 2s are slightly smaller than Genius 5.5 (I've had both and had to sell the Ergo 2s for that reason)
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • loismustdie
    loismustdie Posts: 127
    Herbsman wrote:
    Nope, Ergo 2s are slightly smaller than Genius 5.5 (I've had both and had to sell the Ergo 2s for that reason)

Which would imply the OP is correct in saying the Wires come up slightly larger than Ergos.

Why would they be smaller? Seems odd to do this across a range. :?
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Had the 2s and 3s before, now have the Wires. Length is the same, but I think they are slightly bigger in the toe box. I needed 46.5 in the 2s and 3s as the 46 was too tight. In the Wires I can get away with the 46 or the 46.5. So slightly more room in the toe but at the absolute most half a size difference.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    I've had several pairs of Sidi over the years. 46 in Ergo 3 down to 45 in Genius. They were too small, so settled on 45.5 in Lasers in the end.

I now have 45 in the Wire and Drako. Spot on sizing and the same as Giro, Specialized etc.

So, for me, yes, Wires come up larger, perhaps 1/2 size.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • iwantblue
    iwantblue Posts: 134
    I've read a lot about the wires as I really fancied a pair, and indeed really liked them, but although they fitted nicely in the house they were snug, and I wasn't convinced they would still be ok after a long hot ride so I let them go back :(

The point of my post was that as above the general consensus I obtained was they were similar length, but roomier in the toebox... I use roomier deliberately as the descriptions suggested not just a little wider, but deeper too,

I liked them alot, and if they weren't just shy of £260 I'd have had them and risked it.....
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    I wanted others' views. I Have a pair of Ergo 2s and tried a some Wires in the same size and they felt too big. It was strange because the insoles are identical in shape and size.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo