Buying a hardtail mtb 29er

mktr1979
mktr1979 Posts: 5
edited July 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all

I am looking to purchase a hardtail 29er and was planning on purchasing a canyon al 8.9

https://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbike ... tml?b=3014

but i've got back from holiday and they are now sold out, the new models come out in October but I can't wait til then.

To be honest i'm not that clued up on bikes and what's good value etc, I just read that canyon bikes were good value so plumped for that one. I''m currently riding an old claude butler cape wrath which I have been riding on trails for over 6 months now. I have tested a 29er and liked the feel of it and I've got about £1300 to spend

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

cheers

Mark

Comments

• MIKEYHAM
    MIKEYHAM Posts: 1
    Just got my hands on the Trek Superfly Elite 29er hard tail the other day. Not many left in the country thou I believe. Is It any good ??? No It's not good It's unbelievably good. Have only had it a small 10 mile route so far and shaved 10 mins off it. Which is double I was hoping for. Spoke to a guy at my local centre and he was telling me he tried one at Fort William last month and is now going to ditch his full suss it was that good. Hope this helps.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    MIKEYHAM wrote:
    Just got my hands on the Trek Superfly Elite 29er hard tail the other day.
    For £1300?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mktr1979
    mktr1979 Posts: 5
    MIKEYHAM wrote:
    Just got my hands on the Trek Superfly Elite 29er hard tail the other day. Not many left in the country thou I believe. Is It any good ??? No It's not good It's unbelievably good. Have only had it a small 10 mile route so far and shaved 10 mins off it. Which is double I was hoping for. Spoke to a guy at my local centre and he was telling me he tried one at Fort William last month and is now going to ditch his full suss it was that good. Hope this helps.

Had a look at the superfly, although it looks good it's out of my price range. Cheapest I could see was £1600.

Thanks anyway