Getting to the Excel

richard_farrant
richard_farrant Posts: 231
edited July 2013 in Road general
Hi there

Just wondering if anyone has got any suggestions on how to get to the Excel Centre for the RLS100 registration? Will most likely be coming into to Paddington by train but could go to Waterloo if it if more straight forward, have never ridden in London before so have no idea on the routes available

Cheers

Rich

Comments

• chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    If you're bringing the bike in by train on the day before, you can in fact take bikes on some tube lines. I'd be inclined to come in to Waterloo, walk over the bridge at the South Bank centre to Embankment...

..and then this might save you taking more risks in London traffic than you need:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/ ... be-map.pdf
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Cheers Chris, looks like it can be done form Paddington, much quicker train from Reading to Paddington than Waterloo
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Cheers Chris, looks like it can be done form Paddington, much quicker train from Reading to Paddington than Waterloo
    Yes you're right - I only suggested Waterloo since I thought there'd be fewer changes, but I'm not sure that's true - looks like you can get the Circle line to Tower Hill and that's the only change.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I'm trying to work out how I get to Stratford on Saturday afternoon by car, from the south, since it looks like much on central London will be closed or have restricted access. Any one know how cut off it will be?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava