TFI Fridayyyyy!

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Last day for me at work as I'm going away for a week! :D Long overdue and in great need of a break as my mind is slowly disintegrating at work.
My boss and my temp minion are away from work today,as are loads of people, so it's not really going to be a busy day in the slightest. This pleases me as I can now ease my way into holiday mode.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Last full day of holiday for me :( as the family are staying on for another week they are having a leaving party for me, which will involve getting H'd - obviously
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Morning, I've taken a half day, so afternoon out on the bike, good start to the weekend :D
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Well, looks like I’ve made it to another Friday. Four more hours more to go then off to play badminton for 2 ½ hours. Beer rehydration therapy afterwards.

Potential minions have been selected for interview so now HR needs to actually organise these.

Some shiny new bits arrived last night but others have yet to be dispatched. So much for 24 – 48 hour delivery. This will be chased up this morning and cancelled if not already on the way.

Later……
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Back to work Friday for me. Been enjoying another 6 weeks off but it had to end sooner or later. Oh well, at least I've got the weekend to look forward to.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Morning All,

Working from home this morning, but it's spookily quiet in the office the last couple of days - I'm convinced something is wrong. This afternoon getting in the car a for a long drive up North to see the parentals for the weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Ive still got another week before my two weeks off. Can't wait.

I was thinking about getting myself to a welsh bike park, antur stiniog or cwmcarn by train/bus, and then renting a bike there. Otherwise I'll be riding the same old local trails getting bored. I'll just get a B&B for a couple of nights. Should be good.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning all.

Today is free food all day, free lunch at work as always! and then trip to chepstow races for the evening gogo work!
  • pesky_jones
    ...and then trip to chepstow races for the evening gogo work!
    gogodancer_zps0f8d3456.jpg

This is you?
  • y2blade
    y2blade Posts: 31
    Morning you lot :)

I'm in London for the day tomorrow, toying with grabbing a Boris bike for the morning, Bodean's for lunch then on the pop all afternoon.

Have a good one
    Chris

8)
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    y2blade wrote:
    Morning you lot :)

I'm in London for the day tomorrow, toying with grabbing a Boris bike for the morning, Bodean's for lunch then on the pop all afternoon.

Have a good one
    Chris

8)

who the fark are you?

mmmmmmmmm...bodeans :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    hmm new person!!

Give us some ammo! we need to ritually humiliate and upset you!
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    It's Friday. Housemates are going to Cornwall for the weekend so quiet time rules. This weekend I will mostly be getting fed up of wrapping my arm in clingfilm to shower as I can't get the fake skin wet, maybe taking my new shiny bike for a ride (although if it's raining this idea can do one), and doing all the rubbish household chores I have avoided for weeks. Bridezilla also wants me to do stuff so I will be avoiding her.

Housemates took one of those sea canoes for a paddle on the Taff last night - one promptly fell in and came back stinking, complaining that the Taff was murky and dirty. Uh yeah - just a bit!
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • y2blade
    y2blade Posts: 31
    hmm new person!!

Give us some ammo! we need to ritually humiliate and upset you!

:P
  • oodboo
    This thread has become very polite from how I remember it. What happened you bunch of saddle sniffing reprobates?

Strava
  • Thewaylander
    oodboo wrote:
    This thread has become very polite from how I remember it. What happened you bunch of saddle sniffing reprobates?

stick your fingers where the sun dont shine mong lover..
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Tired as fuck for some reason. Habour festival this weekend so half the roads are closed. I may attend
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • oodboo
    oodboo wrote:

stick your fingers where the sun dont shine mong lover..
    Bet you'd like that. You bring the lube and I'll bring my fingers.

Strava
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    40 minutes til I finish for my holiday and I have about 2 hours of work still to do.

If I'm not out that door at 3pm, I'll start windmilling minions.
  • pesky_jones
    ste_t wrote:
    If I'm not out that door at 3pm, I'll start windmilling minions.

Sounds like a good escape method, don't stop for the weaker ones, they can take it.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    hola tw@s

stacked early, smashed my way along the M4, M25, M11 back to Cambridge, high sixed a couple of locals and am now sat in the garden with a cold apple based drink.

On a course next week and as is the military way it will be a one day course crammed into a week so it should be a skive, the week after i play golf for a week, it feels like summer is here so i'm gonna get properly H'd.

ps off to Nottingham tomorrow to top up the H'dness at a mates barby!

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • pesky_jones
    How do you "cram" a one day course into a week? ha

Unless it a one day course, on Venus
  • tlw1
    How do you "cram" a one day course into a week? ha

Unless it a one day course, on Venus

By 'reflection' ie revisit every little facet again and again
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    Had a fun day today with a trip to the dentist, not had a proper dentist for quite a while so as you can guess my teeth are in tip top condition. My first of two 1 hour sessions began with stage two of a route canal (had stage one done at an emergency dentist when my tooth decided to fall to bits), four xrays and she was going to attempt to fill a massive hole in another tooth.

Stage two of route canal was ok, just cleaned it up and squirted some gunk in there and I think put a stud in. Then had the xrays and had a look at the big hole in my tooth and decided after having a poke around that it had to come out. Had one injection already, two more in the dodgy tooth and then set about it with a large pokey device. When I nearly shot through the back of the chair in unbelievable pain she gave me one more injection, apparently four is the maximum you can have. She tried again and same thing again, tooth and gum was numb but any pressure and the pain was unreal.

So finally left with a numb mouth and two different antibiotics as it is infected under the tooth, and have to go back three more times for them to try and extract the tooth plus a load of fillings and finally get a crown fitted. Although that might have to come out as well yet, god I love going to the dentist :shock:

To make matters worse I can't even get H'd on these bloody tablets and I have a fridge full of Bulmers. The only good thing about today was the dental assistant was fit as fook.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Evening bumders

Lots of surgery stuff going on today and shit like that. Got to help take a sample of bone marrow. Big ass needle, screw through the hard bone and stab down into the soft bit inside, wiggle it around a bit, then suck some stuff out. Pretty cool in a grim and nasty way that would make a few people feel sick I'd imagine, the room certainly started to empty at that point :lol:

This evening is relaxing and purchasing a few bike bits I'm in need of. No work tomorrow. Bikes of some description I'd imagine. Win.

TTFN
  • Motley13
    Motley13 Posts: 89
    Evening all,

Pretty boring day stacking shelves, unloading lorries and laughing at the wonderful public who have to spend there time in supermarkets. Got a email saying i have a fitness test for the RAF on tuesday, if i pass that im pretty much in so im in one hell of a good mood. Now to look for new parts for my Cotic and my Inbred :)
  • bg13
    Motley13 wrote:
    Evening all,

Pretty boring day stacking shelves, unloading lorries and laughing at the wonderful public who have to spend there time in supermarkets. Got a email saying i have a fitness test for the RAF on tuesday, if i pass that im pretty much in so im in one hell of a good mood. Now to look for new parts for my Cotic and my Inbred :)

Coming to the end of my time in the RAF, had a right laugh. What trade you gonna go for?

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Motley13
    Motley13 Posts: 89
    bg13 wrote:
    Motley13 wrote:
    Evening all,

Coming to the end of my time in the RAF, had a right laugh. What trade you gonna go for?

Going for Aircraft Technician (Mechanical), just got to hope i hear for good news tuesday now :)
  • bg13
    Motley13 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    Motley13 wrote:
    Evening all,

Going for Aircraft Technician (Mechanical), just got to hope i hear for good news tuesday now :)

PM me, i'm an ATM, any advice you need.

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    bg13 wrote:

PM me, i'm an ATM, any advice you need.

You're a machine?
  • bg13