Look 585 Elle

leedsmjh
leedsmjh Posts: 196
edited July 2013 in Your road bikes
look585_zpsfde4ced1.jpg

Thought I'd finally post a pic of my 2009 Look 585 Elle. It's become progressively more pink since I bought it.
Look 585 Elle frameset size small
Sram Force groupset with wussy gearing (50-34; 11-28)
FSA K-Force bars
Easton EA90SL wheelset with Pro4 tyres
Crank Brothers quattro pedals

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Nice bike, I think black bar tape to match the saddle would look good with your pink hoods. Nothing wrong with the gearing a lot of people have easier ratios than yours.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Why do people ALWAYS angle SRAM hoods down???

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • declan1 wrote:

Hoods look parallel to the ground to me. What are you seeing?

Great looking bike by the way. Love the slender tubes of Looks from that period.
  • declan1
    declan1 wrote:

Hoods look parallel to the ground to me. What are you seeing?

Great looking bike by the way. Love the slender tubes of Looks from that period.

They're not level with the top of the bars.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Shifters should be mounted so that the lever is vertical, so the OP seems to have that right. If anything the bars may be angled slightly up (giving the effect you describe).

So rotate bars down slightly and move shifters to compensate (if you are bothered about such trivial things).
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Hoods and 'bars look good to me - nowt wrong there.

Can you post a piccie of how you run yours for comparison?
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    edited July 2013
    Slightly anal. :roll:
    It's a nice bike and it's a Look too, so who gives a toss if the levers are "apparently" slightly out. Comfort.

Just checked the bikes and one's out, It looks like I've got a bit of work to do later, it feels comfy but rules are rules.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Now, I'm as finicky as anyone out there about how a bike is set up aesthetically and, well, looks fine to me! Yes it'd be even better if the bars were rotated down a tiny touch and the shifters back up so top of bars/shifters are one straight line and horizontal.
    Looks great! I have a real soft spot for Look bikes, my first carbon bike was a 555. Still waiting for a 595 ultra to come up on eBay!

Enjoy!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • leedsmjh
    Cheers all, input appreciated. Might try rotating the bars down a bit.
    diamonddog wrote:
    Nice bike, I think black bar tape to match the saddle would look good with your pink hoods. Nothing wrong with the gearing a lot of people have easier ratios than yours.

Thanks. I tried black bar tape and thought the contrast made the pink hoods a bit too garish
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    leedsmjh wrote:
    Cheers all, input appreciated. Might try rotating the bars down a bit.
    diamonddog wrote:

Thanks. I tried black bar tape and thought the contrast made the pink hoods a bit too garish

The way to set you bars up (best done on a turbo) is to loosen the bar clamp enough that the bars can rotate but stay in place when left, get on the turbo, hold the drops and rotate so you are comfy on the drops. Then adjust the shifters accordingly.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • declan1
    I'm not saying your bike is a big example of it - the bars/hoods are only slightly out, however I would like to know why it's always SRAM hoods that are angled down?

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• I bet that is a nice ride, just the right smattering of pink.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    declan1 wrote:
    I'm not saying your bike is a big example of it - the bars/hoods are only slightly out, however I would like to know why it's always SRAM hoods that are angled down?

Some thing I've noticed, too. I wonder whether the levers are quite short requiring them to be fitted low on the bars?

Rob
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    leedsmjh wrote:
    Thought I'd finally post a pic of my 2009 Look 585 Elle.

Oh, no need to hurry! Nice to see it again - just please don't put a pink saddle on it as well!

But more to the point - are you actually riding it now?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • leedsmjh
    Rolf F wrote:
    leedsmjh wrote:
    Thought I'd finally post a pic of my 2009 Look 585 Elle.

Oh, no need to hurry! Nice to see it again - just please don't put a pink saddle on it as well!

But more to the point - are you actually riding it now?

Yes but certainly not breaking any speed or distance records. I promise no pink saddle!
  • There is a Rapha Condor Sharp version that would look perfect.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • adowling92
    adowling92 Posts: 225
    leedsmjh wrote:
    look585_zpsfde4ced1.jpg

Very nice :)
    Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. --John F. Kennedy