Retul 3d motion fit

wiganwarriors
wiganwarriors Posts: 132
edited July 2013 in Road general
Hi folks. Does anyone have any view points or experience of a Retul fit, and is it a science or a hit and miss money making scam.

Cheers

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    It's a good guide for having a point of reference and future feedback, but it's only as good as the person performing it as well as your feedback to said fitter. It's no miracle cure and you'll still need to make adjustments but for the most part it's pretty solid.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Thought that might be the answer. The fit is free with a bike purchase. Considering its a science based fit with copious amount's of data collection you would feel pretty confident that its there or there abouts or you would hope.
    Cheers Grill.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Keep in mind that it's based on norms, so just because it recommends a certain position doesn't mean that it's right for you. After you've had it and are riding don't be afraid to change something just because the program told you it was best.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Do not think I would change it on my own accord without first consulting the bike fit guys, conscious of totally ruining the initial fit, but I appreciate what your saying just because all the numbers add up doesn't necessarily mean the ultimate riding position. I will let you know the outcome Friday

Chris
  • SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    I paid for a Retul fit and being a newbie who hasn't spent a fortune on his bike it seemed like a large outlay but its probably the best money I've spent so far.

Everything the guy said made sense and the adjustments he made had a significant impact on both comfort and speed so for me it's been a positive experience.

I completed a charity bike ride of 470 miles in 4 days and had no issues all...well maybe a sore arse but can't pin that on him!