Conti vertical pro...

nasha48
nasha48 Posts: 231
edited July 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone...ANYONE...can tell me where I might be able to get hold of some new conti vertical 2.3 protection tyres? Look, I know they ain't top of the range tyres to ride with but I like their price, weight and above all their performance for a cheap end tyre. Add to that their superb sidewall protection (2 flats I think in 1200 miles) and I desperately want to replace my worn ones with the same. The fact that they were a limited edition (I think?) means I can't find the bloody things anywhere on the web. Or, on the other hand, anyone's suggestion for a chunky alternative around the £15 mark?
Cheers, Leigh

Comments

• 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    You can get non protection ones from chain reaction for 15 quid
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • nasha48
    Cheers 97, it's the pro ones I wanted though. Managed to get them for £15 each at the time too, sure they made an error
  • nasha48
    Cheers ss, just checked that out. Not sure of the grip they'll give me in the forthcoming wet clay autumn of the New Forest. Appreciate the link tho. May just have to go with the non sidewall protection version (verticals) as cant justify spending too much more at present. Would really like some good maxxis if I'm honest.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Bikediscount.de have got Rubber Queens with protection for around £25 each. A bit more expensive but they will grip a lot better.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    The ProTection ones are the black chilli versions - they're not a cheap tyre at all.
    Not only that, but Continental have stopped making them!
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Maxis Ignitor has a very very similar tread pattern and is my fav tyre.

A friend of mine used to use Conti Vertical and has switched to Maxiss Ignitors after my recommendation and is very happy with them.

I think you'll struggle to get them at £15.