From Grantham to Cambridge

gabriel959
gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
Can anyone suggest any good routes and roads from Belton House, in Grantham to Cambridge? Thank you.
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra

Comments

• gabriel959
    Nobody knows of any roads that I can use? I know that I can use the bus way from St Ives down to Cambridge but that is the last leg of the route and I don't really know which roads are better around the Grantham / Peterborough area.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • AndypG800
    AndypG800 Posts: 33
    You can try this, Don't know how good the roads in Grantham are but have cycled all the one's from Little ponton to St.Ives.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2931408
  • gabriel959
    AndypG800 wrote:
    You can try this, Don't know how good the roads in Grantham are but have cycled all the one's from Little ponton to St.Ives.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2931408

That looks really good thanks. Seeing as I have never ridden those roads, how busy are they? Any spots I should be aware of?

Thank you again for making the effort. It is really helpful :D
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • AndypG800
    Only the bit on the A47 is busy and you need to be careful on it but it is only 1/2 a mile. The final bit into St.ives can be busy but there is a cycle path on the other side of the road. The rest of the route is mostly quite back roads. Hope you enjoy your ride.
  • gabriel959
    AndypG800 wrote:
    Only the bit on the A47 is busy and you need to be careful on it but it is only 1/2 a mile. The final bit into St.ives can be busy but there is a cycle path on the other side of the road. The rest of the route is mostly quite back roads. Hope you enjoy your ride.

Thanks - I was in St Ives, well Houghton Mill last weekend so I know that area a bit.

I will let you know how I get on - although I am not due to ride this for another 3 or 4 weeks :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • AndypG800
    Let us know when you are doing it and I might be able to ride a section with you as some of the route posted goes not far from where I live
  • gabriel959
    Will do ta.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x