2013 Post Tour Crits

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited August 2013 in Pro race

Comments

• FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Froome's earnings over 2 weeks: €224,000 for 8 crits. http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cn ... 1_00677480
  • FJS wrote:
    Froome's earnings over 2 weeks: €224,000 for 8 crits. http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cn ... 1_00677480

Not too shabby at all....
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    are there no rules on wearing the TDF yellow jersey outside of that competition? not thinking about UCI (am guessing these crits are not exactly sanctioned events) but more ASO. or do they take a cut for allowing it?

also, what does Froome do with his appearance money? prize money gets split with the team, and he is getting paid so well cos he is TDF champ, which he achieved with the help of his team

oh, and the proximity of the scaffolding pole to Froome's knee in the first pic above makes me wince
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    and well deserved for several months of pushing himself to the limit in training, never mind coming out on top in the event itself.
    Let's not think about what Footballers, Tennis players and Golfists can trouser for being nowhere near the top of the sport....
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    Crozza wrote:
    are there no rules on wearing the TDF yellow jersey outside of that competition? not thinking about UCI (am guessing these crits are not exactly sanctioned events) but more ASO. or do they take a cut for allowing it?

also, what does Froome do with his appearance money? prize money gets split with the team, and he is getting paid so well cos he is TDF champ, which he achieved with the help of his team

oh, and the proximity of the scaffolding pole to Froome's knee in the first pic above makes me wince

The form used to be, as noted, that the TDF prize money went to the team with the winner taking €0, due to the fact they would then clean up on the Crit circuit.
    I guess ASO are happy he is promoting the Yellow, esp. given it can't be shown off in 'proper' races unlike the Rainbow or Nat Champs jerseys.
    If you think back to '11 Cadel only got to wear the jersey for the final day of the tour!