Garmin Edge 510 problems solved yet?

evsy
evsy Posts: 111
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
Hey everyone

Im looking at buying a garmin 510 but have been holding back because of all the bugs which seemed to plague it shortly after release - especially the reports of the cadence sensor and heart rate belt losing connection during rides etc.

does anyone know if these issues have been sorted out yet?

are there any other bugs i should be aware of before pulling the trigger and getting one?

thanks

evsy

Comments

• gsvbagpuss
    gsvbagpuss Posts: 272
    I am no expert, but I've had no issues with my 510 recently since upgrading the firmware to 2.3+ (now on 2.6 IIRC)
  • eddiefiola
    eddiefiola Posts: 344
    Never had an issue with the HR or Cadence sensors, the main issue for me with the latest firmware is that it's screwed up Courses, which if not important for you then no worries (plus theyll fix it in August).

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?41758-Course-navigation-in-Firmware-2-60
  • steve6690
    steve6690 Posts: 190
    Mine has never dropped the sensors, whether on firmware 2.3, 2.5 or 2.6. The latest update has broken Courses but the rest of it works fine still. FWIW I use the Wahoo speed/cadence and heart rate sensor.
  • evsy
    evsy Posts: 111
    thanks for the replies.

have just ordered one!!!!

thanks again

evsy
  • bushpixy
    bushpixy Posts: 49
    never had a problem with the sensors, but mine is having loads of touchscreen problems.

It just won't register were I'm touching and sometimes it registers on the opposite side of the screen. Calibrating the screen just puts it into an infinite loop of "touching the dot". The only way out of the calibration is to power off the unit :(
  • bushpixy wrote:
    never had a problem with the sensors, but mine is having loads of touchscreen problems.

It just won't register were I'm touching and sometimes it registers on the opposite side of the screen. Calibrating the screen just puts it into an infinite loop of "touching the dot". The only way out of the calibration is to power off the unit :(

my 510 (used once) is now showing the same symptoms.

i have emailed Garmin for a solution but i don't hold out much hope.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • I returned mine to the retailer and they swapped it out for a new one quickly.

replacement hasn't given any problems
  • Thanks, i phoned garmin uk yesterday and they are going to replace the 510.

I have to say, very good customer service from them even though i bought new from ebay.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!