crack in carbon ( AGAIN )

santana007
santana007 Posts: 33
edited July 2013 in Road general
Hi guys

i have a cube agree gtc race 2012 .. I brought it in december . It was taken back after finding a crack in the seat post , and climb on bikes fitted a new frame .. Over the last few weeks i noticed a loud creek / clicking noise from the crank , Absolute bikes here in buckley took a look , but once again said not worth doing the crank as you have a crack in this frame , this is on the bottom arm chain side , also the rear wheel does not sit even in the frame .. What problems does anyone else have with Cube or simply carbon frames .. I have only done around 1200 miles on it since buying it last December ..

Regards

Rog

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    What weight are you?
    What sort of riding (terrain etc.)?
    Do you go up and down kerbs or similar?
    Do you do your own maintenance?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Frank Wilson
    Frank Wilson Posts: 930
    Are you the part time wedding photographer?
  • Do you know the name of the Royal Baby?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    Got any photos of the frame ?
  • pkripper
    pkripper Posts: 652
    you really need a 32 j bend spoke frame.
  • thiscocks
    thiscocks Posts: 549
    what is the air speed velocity of a european swallow?
  • santana007
    Had an email from Andy at Climb on bikes today , he said they have a Agree GTC SL frame and fork on it's way .. So i can't knock the shop in anyway shape or form , they must be as brassed of as i am , it is costing them money ..

Some great questions ... I'll answer what i can .. :lol::lol:

1 13 stone and losing weight
    2 roads , but given the cr*p roads in the uk it might as well be up the side of a mountain
    3 no .. don't go up and down curbs
    4 no i take my bike in to a local shop , I feel sorry for them , as so far they have made no money from me as each time they found a crack so didn't carry out any work ..

Next

1 yes i am a part time photographer and getting quite busy , thanks .. lol

next .

1 not sure but i think they should call it Roger after me ..

next

1 i do have a photo , if i get time will post it ..

next

1 european swallow .. laden or unladen ... :lol:
  • smidsy
    pkripper wrote:
    you really need a 32 j bend spoke frame.

:lol::lol::lol: FAF :lol::lol:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Lycra-Byka
    Lycra-Byka Posts: 292
    Compliance cracks.

Sounds like you've bought a duff frame, I guess it happens. A lot of hassle for you buy don't let it put you off carbon, all materials can and do fail. Not as often, granted but that's the trade off for light and stiff.

Sorry to hear of your woes.
  • pablo872
    pablo872 Posts: 80
    i had a 2012 gtc pro replaced for a gtc pro 2013 under warranty. both bikes went wrong. (mixture of components rather than the frame) all in all ended up with a refund and I bought something else.

I put it down to bad luck... but wouldn't buy again as I'd hate to be proven wrong and find out its the brand....
  • Frank Wilson
    Frank Wilson Posts: 930
    santana007 wrote:
    Had an email from Andy at Climb on bikes today , he said they have a Agree GTC SL frame and fork on it's way .. So i can't knock the shop in anyway shape or form , they must be as brassed of as i am , it is costing them money ..

Some great questions ... I'll answer what i can .. :lol::lol:

1 13 stone and losing weight
    2 roads , but given the cr*p roads in the uk it might as well be up the side of a mountain
    3 no .. don't go up and down curbs
    4 no i take my bike in to a local shop , I feel sorry for them , as so far they have made no money from me as each time they found a crack so didn't carry out any work ..

Next

1 yes i am a part time photographer and getting quite busy , thanks .. lol next .

1 not sure but i think they should call it Roger after me ..

next

1 i do have a photo , if i get time will post it ..

next

1 european swallow .. laden or unladen ... :lol:

Your question to me should be "how the f--k do you know I am a part time photographer?"
  • smidsy
    My questions were at least aimed at pin pointing a possible reason for the cracking. The rest of you are just wierd!
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • I wonder if he was running really really stiff wheels
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    did you get the frame wet? Everyone knows rain melts carbon.
  • santana007
    Well .. i had two canon 5d mk 1 and they both deloveped the same fault , After the first on Canon told me it wasn't a comon fault .. After the second i said 2 camera's makes it a 100% hit rate in my house .. I now have 2 Canon mk 2 .. The point is i don't get put off .. You will get 100 people buy ford and 1 has nothing but trouble with the first 2 he owns .. It dosn't make it a bad brand ..

Ok .. i was going to ask , but knew you would come back .. How do you know i'm a photographer .. :lol::lol: .. I did say to my wife .. Hmm how does he know ..
  • santana007
    smidsy wrote:
    My questions were at least aimed at pin pointing a possible reason for the cracking. The rest of you are just wierd!
    :lol: ... Glad you said it .. but yep .. glad someone stays on subject !!
  • santana007
    Are you the part time wedding photographer?

Cycle path .. Have a spoken to you .. On my way from Chester to Neston , Small world if i have :)