1st ride with new saddle

awginger
awginger Posts: 23
edited July 2013 in Road beginners
So I bought a new saddle for my Giant Defy 1, just found the stock saddle applied too much pressure to my under carriage!

After a bit of goggling I decided to try the Specialized Romin Expert (http://www.specialized.co.uk/us/en/ftb/ ... min-expert) partly because of it's cut-out centre to ease pressure and also because of price!

Fitted it and did a quick ride round the block, it felt good and was looking forward to a proper ride with it. So out I went on Sat morning with 22.5miles planned, got 4miles in and started to work my legs on a hill and BANG(!) the saddle moved down at the back. Unfortunately I had left my tools at home so had to do the next 18 miles with my saddle at a VERY strange angle. I can't say it was great but ironically it still felt better than my old saddle!!

Lessons learnt? 1. Tighten my saddle up properly! 2. Take tools out when riding!

Comments

• TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    I did the same thing with my first carbon fibre seatpost - hadn't tightened it properly and the saddle shifted off - I thought I'd sheared something! (I did have my multitool though...! :-D)
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Yup had this as well with my Ritchey WCS stem. Because of the way its designed with a single bolt, it has to be tightened stupidly tight to stop the saddle tilting backwards. I put on some carbon paste which helps alot.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava