Ragley Piglet Rear Wheel slip

jj250
jj250 Posts: 9
edited July 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I've recently bought a 3 month old Piglet 2 thats running Hope pro 2 hubs. The rear had a horrible old Shimano skewer fitted so i bought a new Hope one and my problems have started.
Basically no the wheel doesnt appear to be a tight fit in the drop out and the Hope Skewer wont clamp it up - no matter how tight it is the wheel moves in the dropout. If i refit the Shimano skewer its fine and if i swap the whole wheel with the WTB one fitted to my other halfs Kinesis maxlite 130 its also fine.

Confused and a little pi$$ed - please help :evil:

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    jj250 wrote:
    The rear had a horrible old Shimano skewer fitted so i bought a new Hope one and my problems have started.
    and that is the problem. bin the crap hope Qr and fit the shimano again.

shimano Qrs can not be beaten.

and then what condition are the drop outs in and are you actually seating the hub correctly in them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    jj250 wrote:
    If i refit the Shimano skewer its fine

Answered your own question there.

Hope - all their cam-based products 'require further development' shall we say.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • jj250
    jj250 Posts: 9
    Cheers guys, Shimano it is...