Fizik Kurve saddle rail advice

Cubic
Cubic Posts: 594
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi, I'm thinking of trying out a Fizik Kurve Bull saddle. I'm a bit worried that the oval saddle rails won't fit into my seatpost clamp though. I have a Giant integrated seatpost with a Giant clamp on top. The rail holders look pretty round to me and my current Aliante with round rails fits perfectly.

Does anyone have any experience of fitting a Kurve saddle into one of these clamps or something similar? Or do you have to have a clamp with oval grooves in order to fit a Kurve saddle (in which case I'm stuffed due to my ISP!)

Thanks.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    the shape of 'oval' rails is usually a stadium, i.e. two semi circles joined by a straight bit

so as long as the clamp opens wide enough it'll work just as well as with circular rails
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    Thanks, that's good to know. I think the Kurve should fit in that case. My bottom extends its gratitude to you! :)
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Not sure if you have tried the
    Bull but its very round on top and is the worst saddle i have had. Try the others in the range before you buy is my advice. I had trouble fitting the kurve to my van nicholas post but the clamp was an odd design to be honest.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Currently riding a bull and pretty happy with it ! (although I strangely lust after a Selle Italia SLR TT which is very different but had the old shape one a few years ago and loved it)
    Rails are a bit odd I have found, seem a little different to the oval carbon rails I have on a Selle Italia saddle.
    Using a Deda Zero 100 seatpost at the moment and it's holding firm in there.
    I would say try one out before you buy if you have concerns over the rails as you don't have many options with your dedicated seatpost as they are pretty expensive. Then if the rails fit you can decide if it fit's yo massive butt !
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.