Cycling photos Col de la Croix de Fer

sbbefc
sbbefc Posts: 189
edited July 2013 in Road general
Me and my friends had our photo taken climbing Col de la Croix de Fer last week by a professional photographer on the side of the road, the card I was handed subsequently disintegrated in the torrential rain experienced on the mountain. Does anyone know which website would be likely to have these pictures?

Comments

• thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    Could be photobreton.com ?
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • gin0rm0
    gin0rm0 Posts: 40
    Also try Griffephotos.com. They took my photo on the same climb last week. ;-)
  • sbbefc
    gin0rm0 wrote:
    Also try Griffephotos.com. They took my photo on the same climb last week. ;-)

Thats the site! Cheers.

Beautiful climb, thought it was bit harder than the Alpe d'huez, despite the average being 5%.
  • jongooligan
    jongooligan Posts: 223
    Beautiful climb, thought it was bit harder than the Alpe d'huez, despite the average being 5%.

Which side did you climb it from? If you go up from Allemont there's quite a descent to the lake before you start climbing again. Maybe that's why the average gradient is only 5%. +1 for it being harder than Alpe d'huez but (from vague memory) isn't it a lot longer.

As an aside, I stopped to relieve myself on the way down in the public toilets at La Riviere. I can still remember recoiling at the stench when I opened the door. It looked like a biological warfare experiment that had got out of hand. A vivid memory still even after 8 years.
  • sbbefc

Which side did you climb it from? If you go up from Allemont there's quite a descent to the lake before you start climbing again. Maybe that's why the average gradient is only 5%. +1 for it being harder than Alpe d'huez but (from vague memory) isn't it a lot longer.

As an aside, I stopped to relieve myself on the way down in the public toilets at La Riviere. I can still remember recoiling at the stench when I opened the door. It looked like a biological warfare experiment that had got out of hand. A vivid memory still even after 8 years.

Ye rode it from Allemont, theres that short sharp decent then a stretch where it must be in double figures for a bit. The average gradient doesnt really tell the true story. Its 27k or there abouts.