rhodes mountain biking?

turbo1191
turbo1191 Posts: 501
edited July 2016 in Holidays
Im off to rhodes in a month or so. i was looking into doing some mountain biking while i was over there (taking my road bike as well). Does/has anyone have/had any experience off hiring and riding over there?

Comments

• Alitogata
    Alitogata Posts: 148
    Try here. https://el-gr.facebook.com/pages/Mounta ... 3623446317

( I don't live in the area to give you more accurate information. Ask these guys they'll be happy to inform you for trails or mtb touring etc)
  • turbo1191
    Dropped them a message on facebook but to no avail. Gonna try and contact some bike shops and see if they can help. .
  • I'm also off to rhodes weds and looking for a group to ride with. Also need to hire mountain or road bike. Did you have any luck turbo1191?
  • turbo1191
    Hey. Found a company called rodos cycling..they do road and mountain bike tours. Ive been emailing the guy. Prices seem to vary each email I receive! They started at 40 euros a trip then went down because I had my own bike then when I emailed him yesterday it was up to 50 because of the transfer (im based in messari, towards the south). Seems quite pricey, but think I'll go ride with him one day. They do bike hire as well.Ive brought over my road and mountain bike so gonna mix it up. If you want to go out a ride together ive been shown some nice roads by family that stay out here, but don't know any trails unfortunately.
  • Hi, I'm just in the process of arranging to go out with rodos cycling on thurs for mountain biking and next mon for road. Yeah he said 40 euros for me each time as I'm in faliraki. It is a bit pricey but I'm not a confident rider or map reader so it's best I go out with them! I'm not taking my bike either so I may as well just do those 2 trips and also gonna run and attempt some open water swimming. That'll be enough..I need to find time to go out partying a bit too! Which day have you booked for?
  • turbo1191
    I haven't booked any with him yet. Im meeting him tonight for a beer as he is passing through the village im staying in. I think I'll go out on a couple of his m.bike trips, not sure which ones. He says his easy and med trips are only 30-40% off road and his hard one is 60%. Think I'll go for the hard one.. and ask him if he knows off any routes. Went roadbiking today and encountered a long 12% ascent.. hard climb!
  • turbo1191
    I met zois tonight. Going out roadbiking on wed.. doing a couple of my own routes as well. Nice guy with loads of knowledge. .
  • Well, have a good one tomorrow then, I'm worried that I won't be able to keep up or get up the hills but he'll just have to wait at the top for me! I think because I sound keen and talk the talk that he thinks I'm more capable than I really am but never mind, I'm looking forward to thurs and next Monday anyway. Thanks for sending me his way, I think! :? Maybe you cud warn him that Jo from faliraki is slow from faliraki.
  • turbo1191
    I going to be giving his bike ride on wed a miss as I went out today and did an 80k loop with 4 or 5 10-15% hills in it. Absolutely burst now. Forgot my second water bottle so had to keep stopping at shops for btls. Think I might be coming out on thu m.biking. . The heat out here just now is a killer. 28c at 8am and just keeps getting hotter!
  • Hello.
    Have a look at www.rhodesroads.com and www.facebook.com/RhodesRoads. Cycling holidays and mountain bike tours.
  • Not really what you want but if you hit Falaraki and head down the main street, Hook a right at the bottom and just keep the sea on your left, you will eventually see trails heading to the beach ( 1 mile outside of Falaraki )

Nudist beach LOL, I did the entire island on a Moped, and this was where we used to stop for a lauch, thing was all Old folk, you may get lucky though :)
  • I was in Rhodes island in August. I took 3 routes with Trekking Hellas Rhodes member of Trekking Hellas. They know their island well so we cycled in forests and windy areas that were cooler than the dry coast. Great landscapes. The island is really gorgeous in spite of mass tourism but you need the locals to show you your way. Otherwise you see only the touristy areas.
  • turbo1191
    I had a friend visit Rhodes recently and he used

www.getactiverhodes.com

Good quality bikes and service..
  • turbo1191
    Meant to add to that previous comment- they also do quality road bikes as well..

www.getactiverhodes.com