Lost my Garmin on the Dunwich Dynamo

mreadman
mreadman Posts: 84
Sounds a bit like a blues lyric, and boy am I blue. This is an enormous long shot, and I'm casting a wide net, but if anyone found a Garmin Edge 705 somewhere after Sible Hedingham I'd love to be reunited with it.

Comments

• vs4b
    vs4b Posts: 257
    You sir are in luck. There's a post I've just read that is the opposite of yours. I think it was on the Facebook pae of the event. Good Luck!
  • mreadman
    And you sir are a gentleman! Many thanks for the tip - I've found the post on Facebook and sent a message to the kind and honest soul who picked it up. Wouldn't that be amazing to get it back after dropping it in the dark in the middle of nowhere?

Thanks again!
  • vs4b
    Brilliant news! Well done. Karma in action.
  • ermintrude
    ermintrude Posts: 514
    What a lovely set of posts. So nice to see the good side of the Internet.
  • dandrew
    dandrew Posts: 175
    That's the magic of the Dunwich Dynamo. A mystical magic ride with great people.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    but not as good as the Dartmoor Classic.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    And the end result was...........................???? :?: :?:
  • mreadman
    Apparently it's on the way - I'll post an update when it arrives!
  • mreadman
    ...and it's arrived! Enormous gratitude to Dave Martin (on the Dunwich Facebook group) - the honourable fellow who picked it up, publicised the fact and then sent it back to me. And thanks to vs4b on this forum for the shout - I would probably have missed it otherwise.
  • onemoresolo
    onemoresolo Posts: 372
    Probably worth pointing out that Garmin have a slightly improved mount for the x05 devices now. The updated one has Garmin embossed in plastic and is meant to address the issues caused by the old mount (i.e. kamikaze Garmins).

You might have one already but thought it was worth pointing out! :)
  • mreadman
    Thanks for the tip - didn't know about this, but I'll certainly get one before my next outing!
  • vs4b
    Delighted to hear you got it back
    :-)