Cannondale Supersix 105 2012

GRicha
GRicha Posts: 90
edited September 2013 in Your road bikes
8a836de3f6d461f093ee888144c2c33f_zps49b85577.jpg
First proper road bike and I love it too death!! Managed to get it for a little under £1250 brand new. I hate too say, its treat better than my wife and kids!! :lol:

Frame:Cannondale Supersix 56cm, Carbon monocoque
Forks: Carbon, 11/8x1½in steerer, alloy dropouts
Bars: Cannondale C3
Stem: FSA SLK
Bar Tape: Fizik

Front Brake Lever: Shimano 105 STI
Front Caliper: Shimano 105
Rear Brake Lever: Shimano 105 STI
Rear Caliper: Shimano 105

Shifters: Shimano 105 10 spd
Front Mech: Shimano 105
Rear Mech: Shimano 105

Seat: Prologo scratch pro
Seat Post: Cannondale carbon wrap alloy

Cranks: FSA Gossamer compact 50/34 172.5mm
Cassette: Shimano 105 12/27
Pedals: Shimano RPD 540
Bottom Bracket: BB30
Wheels: Mavic Aksium aero, alloy sealed cartridge hubs, 20 bladed spokes, radial front, radial/2-cross rear
Tyres: Mavic Aksion 700x23

Accessories: upgrades inbound are a black prologo saddle and am FSA SLK seat post. Wheels will have to make do for the meantime

Weight: 8.19 KG

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Looks nice, black saddle will finish it off a treat. If your back can take it you could make it look meaner by lowering/slamming the stem.
  • GRicha
    Cheers pal, I think once I've had a proper bike fit ill see if I can get away with it, I shouldn't see why not I'm only in my mid twenties!! :P
  • GRicha
    I much preferred the 2012 model over the 2013 one
  • GRicha
    Anybody else got a supersix? Show em off!!
  • GRicha
    GRicha wrote:

Most people already have, just do a search.

Cheers
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    GRicha wrote:

3rb4.jpg

Parked up on a hill so a bit winky wonky. Excuse the bottles, too! You get the idea though :lol:

I do like your Liquigas scheme :D
    tick - tick - tick
  • GRicha
    metronome wrote:
    GRicha wrote:

3rb4.jpg

Parked up on a hill so a bit winky wonky. Excuse the bottles, too! You get the idea though :lol:

Nice!! Really like the red on your stem,seat post and crank!
  • pretzelogic
    pretzelogic Posts: 47
    edited July 2013
    My Share... 8)

1tkm.jpg
  • GRicha
    Very very nice!!
  • TheSmithers
    TheSmithers Posts: 291
    Here's mine. Excuse the poor quality iPhone pic, which kind of makes my front wheel look elliptical! I must get some descent pics in proper daylight.

Some nice SuperSixes on this thread. Love them! :D

IMG_07851_zps4d039711.jpg
  • TheSmithers
    TheSmithers Posts: 291
    My Share... 8)
    r4vx.jpg

I'm liking that a lot!
  • GRicha
    Here's mine. Excuse the poor quality iPhone pic, which kind of makes my front wheel look elliptical! I must get some descent pics in proper daylight.

Some nice SuperSixes on this thread. Love them! :D

IMG_07851_zps4d039711.jpg

Ill update mine with the black saddle, theses wheels look nice, that's the next purchase for me!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    GRicha wrote:
    metronome wrote:
    GRicha wrote:

3rb4.jpg

Nice!! Really like the red on your stem,seat post and crank!

Fantastic looking bike.
  • GRicha
    Managed to swap my old saddle for a black romin, think it looks a lot better!!

20130729_165636_zpsce293ea4.jpg
  • Handsome Super 6's, GRicha, metronome, The Smithers.

Gratitudes too for the compliments. 8)
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    Thanks and likewise Pretz, your 6 is a very nice 8)
    tick - tick - tick
  • bikingjohn
    bikingjohn Posts: 202
    metronome wrote:
    3rb4.jpg

It looks better with the stem slammed~
    2015 Trek Domane 4.5 Disc
    http://chup.info/c/tag/trek/
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Some lovely S6's on show ... Here's my effort, tarted up a little from stock spec ...

ADCC7AEC-C44D-41CA-A651-A57D82F451B8-586-00000070553F3A49_zps4cd9fa98.jpg

1B442E60-F38A-43F6-BFA6-ACA3B3251815-586-000000707E7E0C86_zps9b13c634.jpg

6C80DE10-D6C6-46C5-B5FF-CDD2ACDC9EBF-586-00000070AA5A03A5_zpsa88114b2.jpg

96E6542B-8BE6-409C-9E05-A340C406E157-586-0000007098209465_zpsa34c6c2d.jpg
  • GRicha
    Loving that! I think my stems gonna get slammed!! :P
  • Crankbrother
    I have 5mm spacers both top and bottom of the stem ... to allow some room for manoeuvre ...

I'd suggest going with 20mm of spacers and maybe set up with 10mm top and bottom of stem as an initial set up ... That way you have room for manoeuvre (either for you or resale) ... Just use 4x5mm spacers to allow as many set up options as possible ...

I also chose a saddle to compliment my flexibility for the drop/reach ... I'm a short arse so the drop isn't big for me at all even with an almost slammed stem (50cm frame size) ...
  • adowling92
    adowling92 Posts: 225
    GRicha wrote:

love the Liquigas colour scheme mate!
    Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. --John F. Kennedy
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    My Share... 8)

1tkm.jpg

I've also got an Easton EC90 setback seatpost on my Supersix. How do you find the EC 90 stem and carbon bars ?
  • adamfo wrote:
    My Share... 8)

1tkm.jpg

I've also got an Easton EC90 setback seatpost on my Supersix. How do you find the EC 90 stem and carbon bars ?

Hi Sir. Both are stiff enough to complement the frameset. Am satisfied with the Easton EC90 cockpit.

Crankbrother : Youv'e got a lovely Super 6 as well Sir. 8)
  • GRicha
    I have 5mm spacers both top and bottom of the stem ... to allow some room for manoeuvre ...

I'd suggest going with 20mm of spacers and maybe set up with 10mm top and bottom of stem as an initial set up ... That way you have room for manoeuvre (either for you or resale) ... Just use 4x5mm spacers to allow as many set up options as possible ...

I also chose a saddle to compliment my flexibility for the drop/reach ... I'm a short ars* so the drop isn't big for me at all even with an almost slammed stem (50cm frame size) ...

The only thing I've struggled with is the bung in the steerer tube, do I keep it where it is or drop it down to where the stem will be tightened? Hope you understand what I mean!
  • GRicha
    adowling92 wrote:
    GRicha wrote:

love the Liquigas colour scheme mate!

Cheers buddy
  • Crankbrother
    GRicha wrote:

I also chose a saddle to compliment my flexibility for the drop/reach ... I'm a short ars* so the drop isn't big for me at all even with an almost slammed stem (50cm frame size) ...

The only thing I've struggled with is the bung in the steerer tube, do I keep it where it is or drop it down to where the stem will be tightened? Hope you understand what I mean!

The headset/steerer bung will need to be lowered in conjunction with the stem ... Use a 5mm allen key to adjust that then a 6mm for the top cap ... It is a pain in the bum until it's explained to you, especially as I got my LBS to cut the steerer and shorten cables etc. first time round and i wasn't aware of the tapered headset nuances when I tweaked the set up ... I eventually got a 2nd cut once I was sure of the set up ...

Typing that made me nostalgic for my Six13 ... Only saw the LBS after 6 years ...
  • GRicha
    Handsome Super 6's, GRicha, metronome, The Smithers.

Gratitudes too for the compliments. 8)

Cheers buddy