Sidi Road Shoes sizing

designman
designman Posts: 405
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
Do Sidi Road Shoes come up on the small size, I'm normally a UK 8 so would I be ok in ordering a 42 or should I go up a size?
Thanks.

Comments

• Mickyg88
    Mickyg88 Posts: 289
    I got a pair last year, went for sidi euro size 43 and I take a size 8 uk, they fit perfectly and very comfortable, ordered from sis cafe, found them to be the best price, and think they have a load in the sale now.
  • Mickyg88
    Mickyg88 Posts: 289
    Sorry meant sidi cafe...
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    generally I am a 42 - but I buy 43 sidi's
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    I'm normally a 43 but Sidi 44 fits me well.

I do find the various Sidi sizing charts vary from each other when comparing British, metric and US sizes. It makes it very difficult to work out which size you need. Some suggest I need a 43 and some a 44. Sidi sizing charts are also very different from other makes such as Specialized.

But Sidi cm sizing seems spot on. I find the following technique (which I got off the Inov-8 running shoe site) works well for me: Put your big toe against a skirting board and a flat edge such as a ruler behind your heel. Measure the distance. Pick the next size up from your foot length. For example, my foot length is 26.5cm. And Sidi 27cm 44 metric) is perfect for me.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    They're shoes. You want them to be really comfy. Different makes suit different shapes of foot - you'd be far better trying different ones in the shops if you can get to them.

I do find Sidi narrow.
  • Nickoo
    Nickoo Posts: 85
    I had the sidi with wide fit and only needed a 48 where as my old shoes (dnb) were a 49
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    Sidis tend to be narrow / low volume in the toe area, so you can end up with them pinching if you are not careful, or else being too long if you size up to get more room. You need to find somewhere you can try on all of the sizes, including the half sizes which aren't always available. Also remember to allow for any alternative insoles / arch support you may need, as these usually take up further volume.