Superstar Nano pedals, Wellgo even a contender?

capoz77
capoz77 Posts: 503
edited July 2013 in MTB general
Currently have DMR V12's and fancy a change with my biking shoes. Something slimmer would be nice.

So superstar Nano's, or Wellgo B54 or MG1?

Are Nano's the most bang for buck in the grip and lightness stakes at the moment, or Wellgo worth a lookin?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The MG1s can be had cheaper, and are lighter than Nanos. The platform is around the same size, though a little thicker at 19mm in the middle. Both have good grip. MG1 for me unless you are regularly smashing them into rocks.

B54 are heavier duty.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    As Wellgo also make pedals for other companies, you can often find MG1's even cheaper (or more expensive) than the Wellgo branded ones. Someone has them on Ebay for £21 posted at the moment. Serious bargain.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • had the nano's for 5 yrs or so iirc. Zero maintenance reqd so far they still spin freely with no graunching after years of mud,river crossings etc. Amazed s I though they would have been dead in 6 months with the winter riding I do
    Focus Cayo Pro
    Cotic Soul custom
    Merida Cross 4
    Planet X Dirty Disco custom cyclocross
    Tern D8 clown bike
  • rapid_donkey
    rapid_donkey Posts: 448
    Look at exotic cycles flat pedals. Same as nano's but slightly cheaper. Ive had some for 2 years, they have been faultless and grippy so far.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Love my B54s. Nice big platform, very grippy and look great.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    DanDax1990 wrote:
    Or SPDs?

Sush.

My Nano have been faultlessw over the last year and half, outlived all my DMR V12. can't say fairer than that.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    DanDax1990 wrote:
    Or SPDs?
    Sush.

My Nano have been faultless over the last year and half, outlived all my DMR V12. can't say fairer than that.

lol, my dmr v8's i had to replace as the bearings fell out the side and had half a centimetre of movement in them.

The superstar pedals i bought are great and hopefully will last years with the replacement bearings you can buy for them.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Look at exotic cycles flat pedals. Same as nano's but slightly cheaper. Ive had some for 2 years, they have been faultless and grippy so far.

Yep, I have 2 pairs of Exotic and they are exactly the same as Nanos, other than the price.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    swod1 wrote:
    DanDax1990 wrote:
    Or SPDs?
    Sush.

My Nano have been faultless over the last year and half, outlived all my DMR V12. can't say fairer than that.

lol, my dmr v8's i had to replace as the bearings fell out the side and had half a centimetre of movement in them.

The superstar pedals i bought are great and hopefully will last years with the replacement bearings you can buy for them.

Snap, I ended up plumping for some Wellgo B143's which im very happy with