Le Tour - Rate the controversies

No_Ta_Doctor
No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
edited July 2013 in Pro race
As we come to the end of a thoroughly entertaining tour it's time to admit that a tiny part of the fun comes from the many and various controversies that the race never fails to deliver. This year we have hit a particularly rich seam of farce, outrage and headline grabbing sensationalism. So which have been best value for your money?
You have three votes.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format

Comments

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    edited July 2013
    But could there be more tonight?

The sequined jerseys for the final presentation?
    Echelons down the Champs-Élysées due to freak cross winds?
    New regulation for lights means that all di2 systems run out of battery power in the final lap?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    RonB wrote:
    But could there be more tonight?

The sequinned jerseys for the final presentation?
    Echelons down the Champs-Élysées due to freak cross winds?
    New regulation for lights means that all di2 systems run out of battery power in the final lap?

Froome 'doing a Wiggo' yellow jersey leadout for Cav?

Concussion-gate, gel-gate, and Richie-rips-'Tana-gate. First two because normally sensible people lost their minds. 'Tana-gate because Richie really opened up to make amends. His admission of gel-gate illegality was as classic, as his generous tribute to 'Tana and J-Rod after the stage was classy.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Macaloon wrote:
    Concussion-gate, gel-gate, and Richie-rips-'Tana-gate. First two because normally sensible people lost their minds. 'Tana-gate because Richie really opened up to make amends. His admission of gel-gate illegality was as classic, as his generous tribute to 'Tana and J-Rod after the stage was classy.

Rear of the Year Titchie Richie has come out with some classics this Tour. Yesterday's dissing of Contador and Kreuziger in his interview with Matt Rendell made me genuinely laugh out loud.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    Contadope switching bike after hearing about bike checks.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Macaloon wrote:

Rear of the Year Titchie Richie has come out with some classics this Tour. Yesterday's dissing of Contador and Kreuziger in his interview with Matt Rendell made me genuinely laugh out loud.

Link?
  • above_the_cows
    Macaloon wrote:

Link?

It's at about 9 mins in on the podcast http://downloads.itv.com/ITV_TDF_2013_Stage20.mp3
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Missed this one.

"Should I stay or should I go? Contador's thumbs up to Quintana, Belkin's thumbs down to Valverde."

What was that about?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Missed this one.

"Should I stay or should I go? Contador's thumbs up to Quintana, Belkin's thumbs down to Valverde."

What was that about?

When Contador crashed on the descent he gave Quintana a sarcastic thumbs up for not waiting, and when Valverde had his mech during the echelons Belkin pushed the pace.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    What about Cav getting doused with pish...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    nweststeyn wrote:
    What about Cav getting doused with pish...

Bloody hell, how could I miss that one?

Replaced one of the other options for that, nobody else had voted for the descent controversy.
  • above_the_cows
    That's a very pretty horse you have there.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    That's a very pretty horse you have there.

It's from the Camargue.