Bike pump

trek2300
trek2300 Posts: 20
edited July 2013 in Road beginners
Having trouble getting air in my tires and was wondering what is a decent pump with pressure gauge that would be reliable. Tures are 700 x 23 with presta valves

any advise would be helpful

many thanks

Comments

• roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    trek2300 wrote:
    Having trouble getting air in my tires and was wondering what is a decent pump with pressure gauge that would be reliable. Tures are 700 x 23 with presta valves

any advise would be helpful

many thanks

Any track pump I have a Jo Blow which is yellow so clearly faster/better but realisticly any track pump £20/£30 ish
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    For on the bike use,Lezyne Micro-Drive HP is the dog's dinglies IME - one of the few portable pumps worth carrying.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    A home, as Roger said, any track pump, the most popular seems to be Jo Blow, I have the Beto Alloy Track Pump from Argos which works well and was well reviewed on Bike Radar.

For on the bike I prefer CO2 -
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/gen ... r-ec038401
  • I have this
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bon ... D%20STATES

This is the US link but you can get it in the UK. It mounts behind a waterbottle butt, and can carry 2 CO2 carts. I've never had to bother with the CO2 as it can get the tyre to around 100psi in only a minute or so just manual pumping. It does higher pressures than the cheap track pump I bought from Lidl.
    Trek Madone 3.1 Carbon 2012 Road
    Sunn Kern S1 2011 MTB
    "Mellow Johnny's" water bottle from Lance's shop in Austin
  • Cupras
    Cupras Posts: 145
    Halfords had some good offers on track pumps the other day just don't buy the bike hut one apparently its crap.
  • Druidor
    Druidor Posts: 230
    As said a decent track pump at home and I have a CO2 inflator in the saddle bag with a large cartridge in the handle that will inflate the tyre to full preasure (Ebay £25 with 4 cartridges)
    ---
    Sensa Trentino SL Custom 2013 - 105 Compact - Aksium Race