Another CR1 - only a Pro though :)

chris@68
chris@68 Posts: 22
edited July 2013 in Your road bikes
Another Westbrook special. This one is very much from the cheap ender of the build spectrum.
1st road bike in > 25 years = arguably a bit of a bonkers thing to do but it was a very considered purchase, having already spent 4-5 weeks shopping around.

9320582640_46615e91a8_b.jpg

F+F, bottle cage, bar tape, jagwire cables and M520 pedals (the Scott is N+1 to a MTB) are the new bits. All the rest comes from a friends cube - hence the green highlights! with the exception of brakes and block it's all 105, which is what I wanted. Easton & Selle Italia finish it all off. Finishing kit / wheels will likely be changed out over time but, for the price, it was more sensible to buy something to get going with than hope 'new' purchases would be right. It also meant that I could bring the job in 'on budget'. :)

I'm still getting used to it / sorting out my position so, a couple of things to adjust / trim.

Problems - only 2 - it just wants to go further and faster - not too easy for a MAMIL who lives on the pennine hills. I'm happy to get used to it. Oh, problem 3 - it seems i've caught a dose of 'Strava' - can I get a cream for it or is a lifelong infection ;)
Scott Cr1 Pro
Cove Handjob

Comments

• Finlaz22
    Finlaz22 Posts: 169
    Looks good, that frame is still lovely though! Your rear valve looks long!
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    Lovely. I do like the look of the Scott bikes (road and MTB)
    Simon
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    chris@68 wrote:
    Oh, problem 3 - it seems i've caught a dose of 'Strava' - can I get a cream for it or is a lifelong infection ;)

That is fatal :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • chris@68
    chris@68 Posts: 22
    Thanks, folks.
    In reading my original post again I figure I may have made myself look a bit of a plonker - I neglected to mention that, whilst it is my 1st road bike in a long time, i've been MTB'ing in the interim period - i've not just jumped back on a bike :)

Valve stem - yep - good old planet x - ordered their cheap tubes with 'short' valve, they sent 60mm versions, figured it was not worth faffing to get an exchange.
    Strava - yep , learning the hard way to back off a bit - i've been aching in places I forgot I had :)
    Scott Cr1 Pro
    Cove Handjob
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    Don't say only a pro. This one has red on so is probably faster.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    The "Show us your CR1" thread is going to be endless by the end of the summer.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Bozman wrote:
    The "Show us your CR1" thread is going to be endless by the end of the summer.

I blame Westbrooks :D

Lovely bike. I have a soft spot fro CR1's. The 2007 Team was my first proper road bike, bought from erm....Westbrooks.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”