Paris. NOT THE OFFICIAL SPOILER

morstar
morstar Posts: 6,190
edited July 2013 in Pro race
Don't want to start the official spoiler as it would be a dis-service to the efforts of others so just one question.

Can Cav do it?

For the last four years he has had unquestionably the strongest lead out. And yes, I do include last year where Team Sky weren't as in control as HTC but nevertheless were the strongest. This year he absolutely won't have a team capable of controlling the last 3 K's.

He has consistently proven he can win without a lead out but the big difference this year is that the closing stages are totally chaotic and the competition is more fierce. If there was A dominant team in the lead out, I would still make Cav a firm favourite even if it wasn't his own team but I feel this year really is a bit of a lottery.

If he does win tomorrow I suspect it may well be his sweetest yet.

Comments

• patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Yes.

To be jingoistic for a sec, better the British national jersey triumphs in the heart of France than the German one... VE-Day and all that.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Greipel has lost Sieberg and Kittel has lost Veelers which will hurt their lead outs.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    morstar wrote:
    For the last four years he has had unquestionably the strongest lead out. And yes, I do include last year where Team Sky weren't as in control as HTC but nevertheless were the strongest. This year he absolutely won't have a team capable of controlling the last 3 K's.
    With the team OPQS have I think they're capable of controlling the last few k's. Their problem is their lack of consistency, you never quite know what's going to happen with their leadouts - sometimes it goes smoothly, sometimes they fall apart with 1k to go and Cav has to improvise. If they get it right it's hard to see past him, but it could easily end up being Greipel or Kittel instead.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    OPQS take the best team of the Tour award I think.

Movistar have done well, but I think the breakaway win into Lyon tops it off