Holiday saturday morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,859
edited July 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Mornin

Up early to do some work, and now I've finished its time to switch off the computer and get ready to go on holiday. Cycled home yesterday and my garmin showed 32 degrees at one point, had a quick cold shower and then went to the pub (obviously). I 'may' have drank too much and its really hit me as a was a bit dehydrated!

Right off to Google what is the best beer in Northern Cyprus

laters

Comments

• cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Got a bit H'd myself last night after a three hour badminton session. I think I'll blame the dehydration too.

Breakfast has been consumed and I've now got a two hour tennis session. Another excuse for more 'rehydration' tonight.

Later......
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning!

just to let you all down, i did not booze last night! i know, how ghey! hoping to fix this sad fact today/tonight!

Don't think Northern Cyprus has enough booze to keep you in the manner to which you have become accustomed Matthew! Have a good one tho!

laters.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    'sup bumders

Was going to go to Cannock this morning, I'm yet to emerge from my pit, rediscovered BF3 on the playbox the other day and so I'm spending far too much time playing that. Maybe I'll get up now and do something.

TTFN
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    As Northern Cyprus is predominantly Muslim, I doubt they would know a decent beer if you gave them one, let alone making one themselves!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

Last night we discovered our local was having some fund raising event on an was charging £7 to get in, so we decided to go somewhere else. Found a fantastic pub with a huuuuuge beer garden, set in the countryside and good beers on tap. Me thinks we'll be going there a bit more often!

Today, no idea. How exciting (though probably not).

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Angry Bird wrote:
    rediscovered BF3 on the playbox

TTFN

Boy Friend 3?
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Morning fellow losers.
    Kackered today after a ton of riding last week in baking heat. It's too hot to do anything here at the moment so I'm going to mong about indoors until early evening, then head out into the mountains.

Snowdon race is on today, and the school holidays have started, so there's no point even thinking about trying to drive anywhere since the whole county will be gridlocked.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    the whole county will be gridlocked.

not the whole country, just western england. it is fine here in essex. :D

hello cunts.

i am enjoying a well earned bit of whisky before heading out to london town for a day of drinking. we are going to some detective agency which is a front fro a speak easy type of place where beer is served from the radiators! should be pretty cool

other than that not much going on in the big d household except for enjoying some time off
  • The Rookie
    Sheepteeth - YHMcG said COUNTY, no RRRRRRRRRRR and he's in a differnt one anyway (not strictly a country but you know what I mean!)

Working today - still only 40mins left now (started 8h 20m ago), day off tomorrow......enjoy the day off you bar stewards (that being someone who hangs around bars obviously!)
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    the whole county will be gridlocked.

not the whole country, just western england. it is fine here in essex. :D
    Only 'cause Essex is spazwangle country, and they're all trying to escape.

How the hell do you serve beer from radiators? Sounds like the kind of place this cnut would drink
    hipster.jpg
    With his "friend"
    tumblr_lqr62okHYq1qet8o6o1_500.jpg
  • YeehaaMcgee
    The Rookie wrote:
    Sheepteeth - YHMcG said COUNTY, no RRRRRRRRRRR and he's in a differnt one anyway (not strictly a country but you know what I mean!)
    Only cause I wanted to speak like Jonathan Woss. but yes, I did say COUNTY!

Is Wales a country? I don't actually know what would define a country, or a principality. or whatever.
    Anwyay, enough of this piffle, I'm going to eat some ice cream.
  • The Rookie
    Wales is a principality......frack knows what the difference is, but different it is from a country, mebbe because way back you had princes and not kings, Scotland being a country (allegedly!).

JR would have said C*ntwy I think........
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Princes and kings would suggest kingdom though, right? It was certainly some kind of country long before someone invented kings and queens, and radiators that have beer in them.
  • The Rookie
    King would suggest Kingdom, Prince a Principality (like Monaco has a Prince and is a Principality) surely?

All here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality

This is a bit serious for the cruddy!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    You're right, we should move it to the "workshop and tech" area instead.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    A Kingdom has a King
    A Principality has a Prince
    Wales has Yeehaa so it must be a country?

BTW has anyone told Northern Cyprus to get an emergency beer order in?

Afternoon Mongs, stuck childminding today so am headed off up into London to find something amusing to do, not sure what yet as long as she doesn't get any ideas about shopping.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Nah, Im not a Count, I'm a c*nt.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    It's all in pronunciation...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    either way, Yeehaa and I have conversed befoe about the fact that wales is west england no matter how counties are divided therein.

i am already through my crystal mug of whisky and ginger ale and ready for the radiator beer.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    A Kingdom has a King
    A Principality has a Prince
    Wales has Yeehaa so it must be a country?

BTW has anyone told Northern Cyprus to get an emergency beer order in?

Afternoon Mongs, stuck childminding today so am headed off up into London to find something amusing to do, not sure what yet as long as she doesn't get any ideas about shopping.

Sat in the exec lounge drinking :-) looks like in going to import some beer
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Afternoon all,

I'm just about coming around after a mental night last night. An old school friend was back visiting from Norway and we went out for a beer. We ended up meeting up with some more of his mates that turned out to be 4 guys from the band goldie looking chain. Had a top night but drinking whiskey til 2am isn't sensible at my age!!!