Oh! int it 'ot

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited July 2013 in The cake stop
When I was a child factor 50 was never heard of, it was a case of get ya shirt off and get some sun on ya back. When you started to turn pinkish you put ya t-shirt back on.

We've now had twelve days of hot weather (first time in about 7 years) and there are "amber" warnings. FFS, I hope it lasts 'til the end of October.

The Brits and the weather, there's no pleasing us. :roll:
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• Can we not have it stop now and revert to about then 20C with the odd shower, but then restart at the end of October and last until next May, at which point we get the normal weather back? I think we're owed one for the last couple of winters and "springs".

Anyway, as I discovered today, such weather can have negative consequences for older people. Mum's not a happy woman at all. Her small but Augusta-green-shaming lawn has turned to straw.
    Mangeur
  • Frank the tank
    Another reason for the heatwave to continue, I don't have to mess about mowing mi lawns. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• Give it another couple of days like this and you'll be able to solve the problem for a long time with a match.

Definitely can't complain about the weather. However, I'm a bit hacked off by the earth's rotation. If it could just pause a bit at about 8pm so I could get out for longer without needed to-see-with lights, I'd be much happier. I may have to fashion a wedge from something.
    Mangeur
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    Some like it hot.

Speshly me.

Them wots live 'ere 'ate it. Ha ha - If I could go around with a tape recorder recording some of the whingeing Scots:

"Oooh its tae warm...I canny de ocht...I prefer the rain tae this...I canny sleep... the weans are dein' ma nut..."

Spare a thought for mum - she's on a fluid restriction and they had to take her in to hospital but its lovely and cool in there and she's picking up proper. Thank christ for the NHS - enjoy it while it lasts.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Some like it hot.

Speshly me.

Them wots live 'ere 'ate it. Ha ha - If I could go around with a tape recorder recording some of the whingeing Scots:

"Oooh its tae warm...I canny de ocht...I prefer the rain tae this...I canny sleep... the weans are dein' ma nut..."

Spare a thought for mum - she's on a fluid restriction and they had to take her in to hospital but its lovely and cool in there and she's picking up proper. Thank christ for the NHS - enjoy it while it lasts.

Best wishes to Mrs P Snr. Hope she gets well.

My missus tries to regulate my fluid intake. :cry: Barbed comments, withering looks and just old fashioned nagging. :lol:
  • Frank the tank
    Mrs Tank tries to limit my fluid intake too.......................................'til I point out I buy hers aswell. :lol::lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• Bwgan
    Bwgan Posts: 389
    Wish my misses would help me loose some fluids!