Scott CR1 SL

duckson
duckson Posts: 961
edited June 2014 in Your road bikes
Managed to get a Scott CR1 SL frame from a friend who was selling it shortly after he bought it!
Decided to splash out to do it justice...

P1100992.jpg

P1100994.jpg

P1100993.jpg

Spec;
Scott CR1 SL frame, size small (52)
Dura Ace 9000 groupset (50-34, 172.5mm cranks, 12-28 cassette)
Dura Ace 9000 C24 wheelset
Continental GP Force/Attack tyres
Continental Race light tubes
Pro PLT compact bars 42cm
Pro PLT seat post, 20mm setback
Ritchey Comp 110mm stem (change to Pro LT/PLT once i'm certain 110mm is correct)
Fizik Arione
Zipp Service Course bartape
Shimano 105 SPD-SL pedals
Elite Custom race bottle cages, matt black
Matt carbon fibre headset spacer, 15mm
Ritchey WCS headset
Garmin Out Front mount
Cheers, Stu

Comments

• halfround
    halfround Posts: 44
    Very nice.
  • Looks a nice build that
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • boblo
    boblo Posts: 360
    What does it weigh?
  • bencolem
    bencolem Posts: 463
    duckson wrote:
    Managed to get a Scott CR1 SL frame from a friend who was selling it shortly after he bought it!

Hope it was a proper friend that didn't profiteer from the Westbrook sale!
  • duckson
    boblo wrote:
    What does it weigh?

Not sure yet, i'll do the stand on scales with/without bike thing at the weekend. Should be in the 6.5 - 7kg range i'd expect.
    bencolem wrote:
    Hope it was a proper friend that didn't profiteer from the Westbrook sale!

Yes, i payed sub that price.
    Cheers, Stu
  • duckson
    Did the old scales with/without bike and it came out at 7kg exactly (scales are to the nearest 100g).
    Comparable to the Canyon CF SLX as that is 6.6kg without pedals and i have the heavy (325g) 105 SPD-SL's on (for now, will upgrade when fund allow).
    Cheers, Stu
  • duckson
    Update for my CR1 SL.

Wheels changed to Reynolds Assault SLG with Veloflex Corsa 25c, Campag Chorus 12-27 cassette and PRO PLT 110mm -10 deg stem to match the PRO PLT bars and seat post.

IMAG1008.jpg
    Cheers, Stu
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    Like that
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    The SL does look great with some deepish carbon rims on. Shame I still can't afford any for mine :cry:
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • west green
    west green Posts: 134
    Any noticeable issues on dura ace shifting with chorus cassette, genuinely curious as I haven't tried it but could as it would save money
  • duckson
    No problems although i thought the running a little noisy at first (DA chain), not sure i'm being picky....bought a KMC X11L (Campag, Shim, SRAM 11sp) and its even nosier so gone back to the DA chain. No difference shifting though compared to the DA wheel/Ultegra cassette.
    Cheers, Stu
  • johnnymcg259
    johnnymcg259 Posts: 569
    Looks well does that in both the d/ace and reynolds wheel builds. Good effort
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Nice one...