Planet X N2A Guru

springtide9
springtide9 Posts: 1,731
edited September 2013 in Your road bikes
Swapped out the frame and have a new build/bike... Been after one of these for a while...

Planet X N2A Blue Guru

Frame / Forks: Planet-X N2A (Blue) Guru Blue
Bars: Planet X Shallow Drop Carbon Bars
Stem: FSA SL-K
Headset: FSA Orbit CE Headset

Brake Levers: SRAM Red
Calipers: PX Ultra Light CNC Brake Calipers With Swissstop Brake Pads

Shifters: SRAM Red
Front Mech: SRAM Red
Rear Mech: SRAM Red

Seat: Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow
Seat Post: Planet X N2A

Cranks/Chainrings/BB: FSA SL-K 36/52 (Mid Compact)
Cassette: SRAM Rival 1070 Powerglide Cassette 11-23
Pedals: Shimano 6700 Ultegra SPD-SL

Wheels: Fulcrum Racing 3 / PowerTap Pro
Tires: Conti Grand Prix

9322535640_a5e2ee099b_c.jpg

9322535520_fff443ab2d_c.jpg
Simon

Comments

• Rod11
    Rod11 Posts: 293
    I'll be honest, when PX first released the bike, especially in that colour, I really wasn't a fan. But seeing it there I actually quite like it! How's it ride?
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Looks the dogs danglers!!!
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    Lovely!

I've been eying up the Force version of this on the website as I quite fancy a change from my Planet X Pro Carbon, but I have wanted to see some proper photos for a while. Looks stunning. The photos on the website don't do it justice.

That looks like a nice saddle to bar drop, what size is the bike and how tall are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Cangrats btw great bike!
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • That's mint. Big fan of the planet x guru blue colour. Shame they don't offer it in more of their frames!
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    Thanks for the kind comments. Very pleased with how it looks. It's a very bright frame and think the black tones it down a little.

How does it ride? It's fantastic - really stiff but still managed to ride really well on rough roads. Loving it so far. I have just swapped from a 110mm to 90mm stem as the reach was too stretched, and the sharp handling has turned a little twitchy. I might have to swap to a 100mm - but will see how I get on as I might just used to it.
    GMB wrote:
    That looks like a nice saddle to bar drop, what size is the bike and how tall are you, if you don't mind me asking?

The bike is a large. I'm 6ft but have longish legs for my height... the seat pin is approx 8mm past the maximum mark which isn't ideal, but there is still plenty of post in the seat tube.
    The top tube feels slightly longer than the SL (so I don't need a a larger frame). I'm guessing my short body makes the stretch harder, but looking at my body position, even when all spacers removed, my body position doesn't seem as low as most riders (does a shorter body usually mean a longer drop?)

Now I have the new (to me) frame, I'm probably going to get a bike fit done again to improve my setup.

I sold my SL today to a forum member from Oxford. It was my first road bike and I must say I've loved it for the last two years. Sad to see it go TBH.
    I did a Crit during the week, and the E/1/2 race came past our 3/4, and I spotted at least three SL Pro's :D
    Simon
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    I really, really like this frame. Have done since it came out. Saw one in the color at the store and fell in love. The black/red it good, but like my bike much too common color scheme.

The Guru is the best look for this frame, its a good finish on it as well.

Seriously wish I had gone for one instead of my Giant. :evil:
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Great looking frames but then I would say that as I have one !
    viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12916741&p=18265776&hilit=n2a+guru#p18265776
    Great ride too.
    Mines currently a frame set only as everythings on a Scott CR1 SL I bought to do the Otztal Radmarathon on in a months time as it's loads lighter and should be comfier for potentially a 12 hour ride !
    Can't decide whether to keep the Guru though as I'm getting used to the CR1 as it's not a very sportive bike, handles really well and is lots lighter than the Guru.
    The Guru certainly looks better and is great fun on my usual rides of up to 4 hours.
    Enjoy.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I love my white N2A - it looks the bees knees with its deep rim PX wheels on. Seems fast and pretty comfy too - I've done a couple of Ironman events on it and its been perfect. It loves kicking the ass of some of those Cervelos. (it tells me)
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    goodness...