New to Mountain Biking help appreciated

NUFCQUIGS
NUFCQUIGS Posts: 3
edited July 2013 in MTB beginners
Hi all, I am new to MTB and would love some help if anybody can spare some advice to help me buy my first bike. I plan on doing cross country cycling (C2C) etc with a little off roading but don't know what to buy or look for. I have been told to look at the Giant Anthem X 29er 4 2013, Cannondale Trail SL29 2 2013 and Cannondale Trail SL 29 1. As this is my first bike I would love some help if anybody could offer some. I know there are lots of other bikes out there and would appreciate any help.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    BUdget? Looking new or used?

For the sort of usage you indicate a 29er Hardtail or rigid sounds like the right plan.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • NUFCQUIGS
    NUFCQUIGS Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I am looking at around the £1000 mark for a bike, preferably new in case something goes wrong. 29er definately, there is so much to choose from.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Considered a Cyclocross bike? Much much better on roads and reasonable paths/fireroads......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.