A decade of top 10's

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2013 in Pro race
This is the last decade of TdF's and the number of people in the top 10 who have doping links, either known association, positives etc etc. Armstrong and Flandis included

Because I'm not stupid, Leidners doesn't count

2003 : 7
2004 : 6
2005 : 8
2006 : 4
2007 : 5
2008 : 6
2009 : 6
2010 : 4
2011 : 3
2012 : 0
2013 : 3

Anyone notice the fun fact about this year?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    What defines "known association" on this list? Just curious.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    No idea but curious as to the identity of the three from this year. Two are obvious.

I'd expect Valverde to be top 10 soon by the way.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Is it that this year is the only year in which the number of dodgy people is the same number as the last digit of the year?
    Who are we counting: Valverde and COntador obviously, who is the third? Rogers or Kreuziger? Probably Roman with the Ferrari links? Is the fact they are all are linked to Ferrari?
    2012 was a good year eh! clean as a whistle...

Edit: what an idiot, Valverde isnt top ten is he. And he was Puerto. So my guess still stands, but its both Rogers and Kreuziger?

Edit again: they are all Saxo!
  • iainf72
    Well done MrTapir
  • MrTapir
    Whats the deal with Rogers then? I know there are 'associations' - eg his nickname Freiburg Mick - but was he actually done for doping? If not, what was it? The Freiburg thing? What was this?
  • iainf72
    MrTapir wrote:
    Whats the deal with Rogers then? I know there are 'associations' - eg his nickname Freiburg Mick - but was he actually done for doping? If not, what was it? The Freiburg thing? What was this?

Trained by Dr Ferrari.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rogers- ... th-ferrari
  • Any collective wisdom on whether Rogers leaving sky was part of their zero tolerance night of the long knives at the end of last season? I wasn't aware of the Ferrari link and just assumed he'd taken an offer from Saxo for the money.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Any collective wisdom on whether Rogers leaving sky was part of their zero tolerance night of the long knives at the end of last season? I wasn't aware of the Ferrari link and just assumed he'd taken an offer from Saxo for the money.

Think the truth lies somewhere in the middle...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • MrTapir
    Was Rogers dodgy in terms of results then? Its a bit before my time. I mean he says it was 'only for training' (dont they all), but is that consistent with a drop in form after he stopped going to Ferrari for example?
  • iainf72
    MrTapir wrote:
    Was Rogers dodgy in terms of results then? Its a bit before my time. I mean he says it was 'only for training' (dont they all), but is that consistent with a drop in form after he stopped going to Ferrari for example?

He won the World TT title 3 times

And then seemed to be less good
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Post Fail :(
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver