Cyprus to the UK

jonacarrington
jonacarrington Posts: 5
edited July 2013 in Tour & expedition
Hi, I'm planning a trip from Cyprus to the UK for next March. Through Turkey up to the Danube then west. Could anyone tell me if they've experienced the weather in March in Turkey? Alanya to Istanbul, will I need to head further west to hug the coast? Also is the D650 ok for cycling?

Thanks

Jona

Comments

• barrybridges
    barrybridges Posts: 420
    I haven't experienced the weather in Turkey, but I have experienced the weather in Cyprus in March, which I imagine won't be a whole lot different.

The answer is it is generally mild, but inconsistent. A fair chance of rain, but rarely dipping below 12 degrees during the day, and warm on occasion. Not hot at all, but not cold. Generally unpredictable though in terms of showers.
  • I haven't experienced the weather in Turkey, but I have experienced the weather in Cyprus in March, which I imagine won't be a whole lot different.

The answer is it is generally mild, but inconsistent. A fair chance of rain, but rarely dipping below 12 degrees during the day, and warm on occasion. Not hot at all, but not cold. Generally unpredictable though in terms of showers.

Hi, thanks Barry. I was wondering if anyone has been caught out with any significant snow on the mainland?

I have a route more or less directly North from Alanya but not sure whether to push further West to head up to Istanbul:?

I live in cyprus at the moment :D