You never know how or when your next injury will occur

dragonontheedge
dragonontheedge Posts: 496
edited July 2013 in Road general
Pushing my bike out of the office and my cleat just happened to lock into the extruded aluminium threshold. I kid you not it nearly pulled my fecking leg off as I stepped forward.

Be careful out there folk.
Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!

Comments

• fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    Are you really sure you're not kidding? :shock:
  • Sadly I am not. My SPD locked in as if the threshold was designed for the job. I had to twist my foot to free it.
    Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    I once got hit full in the face by a pheasant, which shot out of a hedge right in front of me. Nothing in my cycling proficiency badge training prepared me for that one
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Bet they covered it but you weren't paying attention
  • ct8282
    ct8282 Posts: 414
    Wtf is an extruded aluminium threshold?
  • typekitty
    typekitty Posts: 188
    ct8282 wrote:
    Wtf is an extruded aluminium threshold?
    +1
  • Buckie2k5
    Buckie2k5 Posts: 600
    i think you get them on space stations
  • ct8282
    ct8282 Posts: 414
    Buckie2k5 wrote:
    i think you get them on space stations

That's one hell of a commute!
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    I once got hit full in the face by a pheasant, which shot out of a hedge right in front of me.

Had that with an owl on a branch when I was mtb'ing at night. They're bigger than you'd think. Also got knocked off by a roe deer once.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Finishing off a great week as a tour guide following the Tour, I went for a ride on the Champs Elysee this morning, and missed my pedal clip in;
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,301
    ju5t1n wrote:
    I once got hit full in the face by a pheasant, which shot out of a hedge right in front of me. Nothing in my cycling proficiency badge training prepared me for that one

Congratulations, you just passed the Rolls Royce Jet engine bird strike test... you are now certified to fly!!!!!
    left the forum March 2023