2012 Reba RL setup

Oh Marone
Oh Marone Posts: 261
edited July 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi just a quick question, do you have to remove all the air from the negative first before tweaking the pressures? Just want to check the sag is set correctly and the pressure is ok in both ends.

Comments

• yes is the answer
  • Oh Marone
    Thanks, had a bit of a tweak with the pressures today as well as swapping the brake lines over with a new front hose (to short to just swap directly). Feels much better now its correctly set at 20% sag, 110psi in positive and slightly less in negative.

Not sure if its correct but the negative took about half as much strokes on my shock pump (Beto) to reach the same psi as the positive. Also the fork makes a whoosy noise when bouncing up and down, feels alot plusher than before but only had time for a quick spin around the garden.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    The neg chamber is smaller than the pos so sounds right.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Oh Marone
    Nice one, that would make sense as when I tried to let off a few psi on my pump it lost over half the psi after a quick press on the release button. Got there in the end though you just have to tease the relase button to tweak the pressure.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Sounds about right. I run 10psi less negative than positive in my Reba RL. I have found 125 psi positive seems to support my 13.5 stone fairly well.
  • Oh Marone
    Sounds about right. I run 10psi less negative than positive in my Reba RL. I have found 125 psi positive seems to support my 13.5 stone fairly well.

Are your Rebas 120mm ? I am heavier than you (guestimating 15 stone ish) but run less pressure to get 20% sag, my forks are only 100mm though. Also I don't know how accurate the reading is on my pump, not that it matters to much as long as you know where to set it. I guess geometry of bike might make a difference as well if you have more weight over the fork for example.