Ribble Sportive Bianco

phatdance
phatdance Posts: 8
edited July 2013 in Your road bikes
So, I know there are tons of threads with ribbles and pictures, but heres the thing. I am interested in getting one and yet feel like I need to see more images of it from other angles other than just drive side. ie. I would like to see images of the BB from the other side,seat stays, wheel clearance etc...

If anyone with the bike can upload hi res images of different angles I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Or you could just do a Google image search........ (for the Bianco and Sportive Racing - they are the same bike).
    Faster than a tent.......
  • phatdance
    trust me, done that to death and all the pics are really small or out of focus and still drive side, I really want to see proper detail in the frame, close ups etc etc...
  • schofie
    schofie Posts: 280
    If you have a look at the 'show us your ribbles' thread my first post has shots of my sportive racing. That's the frame and they jigged the models around. I'm happy to post some more pics if you let me know what angles you're after
    Everything you see on TV reflects, accentuates and perpetuates the worst of the human ego. Watch the news tonight and see the separation, persecution and retribution rained down on our fellow man. We're all mad
  • phatdance
    Schofie wrote:
    If you have a look at the 'show us your ribbles' thread my first post has shots of my sportive racing. That's the frame and they jigged the models around. I'm happy to post some more pics if you let me know what angles you're after

Thanks for the input, yeah I started there which lead me to start this thread rather than hijack that one. I undterstand that yours and the bianco are the same geometry so what I was looking for was to see in detail the BB area from the other side NOT drive side. Also interested in the seat stay area and rear/front tyre clearance. For the images I was hoping to see some close up pinsharp detail as the internet and ribble website dont satisfy my curiosity!!

If you can help with some images that would be great

Cheers
  • dazzle740
    dazzle740 Posts: 22
    Hi mate
    If you let me know exactly what you want picture wise I'll take some pics and try to upload as I have a sportive bianco in the shed.
  • phatdance
    dazzle740 wrote:
    Hi mate
    If you let me know exactly what you want picture wise I'll take some pics and try to upload as I have a sportive bianco in the shed.

Hey dazzle, yeah I would like a picture of the bb area from the other side, not chainring side, from the back of the saddle down the seat stays so i can see the design and clearance of the wheel, same goes for the front end too!

Thats it really, just interested in different angle than the ones i have found on the internet!

Cheers
  • dazzle740
    DSCF0128_zpsfda8ee7b.jpg[/URL]
  • dazzle740
    DSCF0129_zps2486fbf9.jpg[/URL]

DSCF0130_zps1fb4271f.jpg[/URL]

DSCF0131_zps8b945fa1.jpg[/URL]

DSCF0132_zpsbf9fd1da.jpg[/URL]

DSCF0133_zpsda0eaa6b.jpg[/URL]
  • phatdance
    Hey Dazzle, I got your message before, but couldnt email you back, it said i need to contribute more before i can email anyone :(

Thanks so much for the images, it really helps for me to build a rounded picture of the bike before i commit to purchase!

Are you happy with it?
  • dazzle740
    yeah mate very happy with the bike, only part I don't like are the stock wheels that came with it but I've had the intention to replace them, which I am planning to do in the next few weeks.
  • phatdance
    dazzle740 wrote:
    yeah mate very happy with the bike, only part I don't like are the stock wheels that came with it but I've had the intention to replace them, which I am planning to do in the next few weeks.

yeah pretty much decided on campy black/red centaur and scirocco 35mm wheels so hoping it will be light and responsive!

Thanks again.
  • schofie
    schofie Posts: 280
    Not had chance to take pics of the sportive racing yet but looks like you've got it covered. On the scirocco wheels, I used to have a set and gotta say they're bullet proof. I put them through all sorts with some hard winter riding and they stood up to it admirably. Not the lightest but great value at the price. You may also want to consider some Fulcrum Racing 5s which are a similar price and Ribble currently have an extra discount on them
    Everything you see on TV reflects, accentuates and perpetuates the worst of the human ego. Watch the news tonight and see the separation, persecution and retribution rained down on our fellow man. We're all mad
  • phatdance
    Schofie wrote:
    Not had chance to take pics of the sportive racing yet but looks like you've got it covered. On the scirocco wheels, I used to have a set and gotta say they're bullet proof. I put them through all sorts with some hard winter riding and they stood up to it admirably. Not the lightest but great value at the price. You may also want to consider some Fulcrum Racing 5s which are a similar price and Ribble currently have an extra discount on them

Ok cool, good to know about the sciroccos! arent fulcrum and campy wheels the same thing just different names?
  • paul64
    paul64 Posts: 278
    This might help as I understand it's the same frame and although it's the drive side you can see the BB area as this was it before I built it up a couple of years ago.

5bno.jpg

FWIW I have found it to be a great riding bike, both comfortable and plenty quick enough. it is sensitive to the quality of wheels you use BTW as any good bike should be.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    dazzle740 wrote:
    DSCF0128_zpsfda8ee7b.jpg[/URL]

:D Smart, like that.