Nearly-There Thursday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I had fish and chips last night as I was craving it. No idea why, but it's probably not done me any good in the dieting world. Not that I'm really dieting, just watching what I eat. And failing it would seem.

Today we're expecting a heatwave! I'm really glad that I had aircon installed in all my studios a couple of years ago, best decision ever. Sadly, I'll be in the office dealing with quotes and making orders. Booo

Later, maybe a bike ride, but definitely sorting my house out as it's becoming to look like the scene from a burglary!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers,

Speaking of burgleries, my former insurance comapny are still being cnuts. The cnuts.

Today is another day of doing unspeakable things to unspeakable materials with frikken layzurs. Tried it yesterday with hilarious results. Hoping the hilarity continues.

On the down side, I seem to have twanged a ligament in my knee and it's starting to become troublesome. Troubling thing is I've a big training ride at the weekend for the CC2CC ride, and I think I need the practice.

Onwards! To caffiene! And anti-inflamatories!

....I'll show these prancing hollywood types how you mix drinks and drugs properly!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Another fine day here weather wise. The rest is yet to come. I dropped the car in for its MOT this morning so I’m expecting a ‘phone call to tell me that it needs this and that fitted before it will pass. I can see the bill growing already. To my eye there is nothing wrong with it but in these austere times I’m sure they will find something just to give them some work to do.

In other news, the boss man is back in today so I’ll have to at least pretend to be busy.

I also need to think about making some arrangements for camping up The Lakes this weekend.

But first, some tea.

Later……
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,018
    Woo, the clock is ticking until I can clear my desk then i'm off to sunnier clines for a fortnight.

If I can squeeze a road bike in the truck along with a cooker, leaf blower, lawn mower, some tennis stuff 5 suitcases and a cool box then I'll be doing my own tiny version of the Giro d'Italia.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Clank wrote:
    On the down side, I seem to have twanged a ligament in my knee and it's starting to become troublesome. Troubling thing is I've a big training ride at the weekend for the CC2CC ride, and I think I need the practice.

Bad news squire. I'm in the same boat, rib injury still giving me trouble nearly 4weeks on. I'll still put some miles in on Sunday, but if we need to bail early then so be it. There will be plenty of cake to pass the time.

Morning,

Off today so will continue with the bike build I started yesterday. Won't be ready for Sunday as have too many bits and pieces to sort. But first I can hear bacons, black pudding and eggs calling my name........

laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Mornin

In Birmingham for meeting fun today. Last night was a good cider night, which is obviously good.

Got the bike in the car, but got a feeling that the meetings will go onto too late and spoil the fun.

Laters
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good Morning Freaks!

Feel free to bask in my awesomeness... :D

Booked today off work last November - it's the "Queen Stage" of the Tour de France, with a double ascent of the Alpe Duez climb. So, I'll mostly be sat in front of the television today.

Already consumed vast amounts of coffee and fried dead pig (Those of you privileged enough to follow me on Facebook will have seen pictorial evidence of this).

I feel the TT bike needs to be taken out and thrashed a bit, so that will be the plan for this evening when Mrs C is out at a work's do.

Laters...
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,018
    Good Morning Freaks!

:shock: It lives!!!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good Morning Freaks!

:shock: It lives!!!

This has been debated by the medical fraternity and there are still no conclusive conclusions to the research that has been undertaken.

Oh Hai! Have a nice time in Italy. :D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning pig lovers..

Today is free lunch and then ride... not much else to report currently.

laters
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    hello cunts.

i have just got to get through the next day and a half in work before a lovely bit of leave for 3 weeks.

cant wait to knock off.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    hello *****.

i have just got to get through the next day and a half in work before a lovely bit of leave for 3 weeks.

cant wait to knock off.
    so what were you doing with that 747?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Who the fark am I?

First day of work after a three week holiday, may have to buy a new bike to cheer myself up.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    nicklouse wrote:
    hello *****.

cant wait to knock off.

hmm, how do you know i was on a 747 recently?
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    I'm aching all over again today after Tuesdays flying lesson. Very slow moving. Found a new graze I didn't know I had this morning. The second skin stuff I have on my arm is horrid. Can feel all the fluid moving underneath it and occasionally leaking out. Fortunately my housemate is a nurse so I bringing home a load of stuff to dress it tonight for the next couple of days.

Work is busy. Finally have some movement on Waylanders file. I've managed to move it off of my desk as some paperwork I needed has finally come in. He might stop stalking me at work eventually as well as on bikes.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I dont stalk... honest...
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    nicklouse wrote:
    hello *****.

cant wait to knock off.

hmm, how do you know i was on a 747 recently?
    were you on it?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Today started so well, bright and sunny, rode the bike, raced a random person as you do. An old female friend turns up out of the blue, I'm yet to find out what she's after though... but it's barely lunch time and people are pissing me off. On the plus side, there's a field and alcohol with my name on to kick it old school.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Afternoon twuntos

Finished the carbon fibre course this morning so my friday has just started! Off to the shops to load up on barbecueable meat products an ice cream! I am officially happy!

But first a quick visit to YP for a walk then i'm all over it!

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Evening scuttlers

Gt home earlier to a speeding ticket fo doing 41 in a 30 in Swansea, my defence is that Mrs G what nagging and whinging and I didn't realise it was a 30, still a right pain in the arris though at the moment.

Still, managed to clean Amy tonight and service the forks, front end clunk has gone and she handles better now with a longer stem, jobs a good un
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Evening bumders

Fairly shit day, a PTS home visit and 4 dogs with tumours in the same day :shock: 2 of them we operated on but the prognosis doesn't look good, 1 that we decided not to bother doing anything about as it's probably too late and another we ended up having to euthanise there and then.

This evening is deciding what stuff I want/neeeeed to buy as I have money burning a hole in my pocket.

TTFN
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Bit of a rubbish day at work. Anyone that knows music software is probably aware that Logic X has just been released. This is causing all sorts of issues at work, leading to some rather heated debates.

Also, the directors have decided that the plan for extra staff that me, my boss and HR had spent weeks going over, has been rejected. We don't know why. This means I am still minionless, and time is rapidly vanishing before my eyes.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,494
    Evening Fisters and Fistees,

Had a good lunch p1ss up as it was somebodys leaving do at work. Only problem is my cracked rib only hurts a lot when I cough or sneeze and some twunt had given me a cold, so guess what I can't stop doing....now back on the grog to have any hope of sleeping and tomorrow's ride into work is out the window too. Bugger.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Good Morning Freaks!

Booked today off work last November - it's the "Queen Stage" of the Tour de France, with a double ascent of the Alpe Duez climb. So, I'll mostly be sat in front of the television today.

Already consumed vast amounts of coffee and fried dead pig (Those of you privileged enough to follow me on Facebook will have seen pictorial evidence of this).

I feel the TT bike needs to be taken out and thrashed a bit, so that will be the plan for this evening when Mrs C is out at a work's do.

Laters...

at least you got to watch it during normal hours..... its friday here right now and im in work at 7am.... after getting in from watching the race with some mates at 1:45 am having to calm down the hound as she decided to have a mad minute when i got through the door which then woke up the wife... the hound and me nearly both ended up sleeping in the laundry.... but was a good race either way
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    rgliniany wrote:
    Good Morning Freaks!

Laters...

at least you got to watch it during normal hours..... its friday here right now and im in work at 7am.... after getting in from watching the race with some mates at 1:45 am having to calm down the hound as she decided to have a mad minute when i got through the door which then woke up the wife... the hound and me nearly both ended up sleeping in the laundry.... but was a good race either way

It was fantastic, so much so I didn't realise how much I was drinking :) evidence in the recycling bin is 3 bottles of wine between the current wire and I - looks like I'm cycling in tomorrow
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    matthew h wrote:
    rgliniany wrote:
    Good Morning Freaks!

Laters...

It was fantastic, so much so I didn't realise how much I was drinking :) evidence in the recycling bin is 3 bottles of wine between the current wire and I - looks like I'm cycling in tomorrow

Blaming the mrs now eh? So getting Mrs H'd is more hardcore than just being H'd?
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er