Getting an urgent passport

bartman100
bartman100 Posts: 544
edited July 2013 in The cake stop
Due to go to Paris on Friday mid-day with my 14 year old daughter. Just found out (via ex wife) that her Passport expired in January. Cue much stress and cursing.

Having calmed down slightly, has anyone experienced driving to a passport office with the application and chancing their arm for an emergency appt? I know they have a premium 4 hour service but requires an appointment usually.

Comments

• t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    You used to be able to do it walk in at petty France in London, by hat was years ago - but what have you got to lose? Worth a try tomorrow and see what they say - you'll need to grab th efforts from post office and get a witness (might need a teahcer doctor lawyer accountant type even for a renewal) to sign them and a passport photo of daughter before heading down there I suggest
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    I know you used to be able to rock up at the passport office in Liverpool - queue and get a passport there and then - however it costs more than double the usual service. However like you say you have to make an apt now - ring them and see what they say.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,389
    I've done this (at Peterborough Office) booked an appointment and went in - took about an hour and a half - I dare say you've already done it, but it tells you online what to do. It costs a bit (£80 if I remember correctly) but is very straightforward.

Or your wife could adopt the approach of my wife's friend who, finding that her passport was expired the day before they were due to flyaway on hols, simply went down to the office and wept and begged until they gave her a new passport - she can be a bit dramatic but it worked!

Whichever way you do it, check and double check that you have all necessary signed documentation with you.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • bartman100
    bartman100 Posts: 544
    thanks all - it is all sorted now.
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    bartman100 wrote:
    thanks all - it is all sorted now.

What did you do?
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    He paid £118 to put it through in 1 day.

How do I know ?
    I did the same last month for my son :(
    Living MY dream.