Good flat bar grips that aren't narrow?

jacknorell
jacknorell Posts: 62
edited July 2013 in Commuting general
I'm trying to find a pair of lock-on grips that aren't narrow and ideally with some vibration damping.

Most everying I see is "narrow" in diameter and doesn't kill road buzz.

Anyone has experience with a specific model?

Input would be much appreciated by my battered hands and wrists...

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    One your best asking on the MTB buying advice forum really....however
    Foam grips are best for buzz absorption, I have just fitted some Exotic cabon ones (£4.71 delivered) to my MTB, fat and squidgy, no idea of longevity. I have Avenir AGG406 on my commuter (identical to KCNC - about £8 on evilbay) very long lived, firmer and not as squidgy, Ritchey and Bontrager are well respected as well.

Not sure anyone does foam lockons anymore, if you want lockons then Renthal Kevlars are really nice, grip and hard wearing with a soft feel, not lockones but I had pushons on my MTB for a while, now on the Retro MTB.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    ODI rouge lock ones.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jacknorell
    jacknorell Posts: 62
    Thank you, that helps. I did see a couple of options from Ritchey on Wiggle, but had no idea about people's experiences. Might just end up getting those Avenir grips, price is pretty good.