New hand pump, not sure how to use.

Martin_col
Martin_col Posts: 14
edited July 2013 in MTB beginners
Hi all, might be a dumb question to most but I bought a hand pump today and can't seem to fathom how to attach it to begin pumping the tube (shrauder, no idea if that's spelt right?) should I have an attachment or am I being thick? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    What's the pump? Do you have a picture?
  • Martin_col
    It's a AXIOM Mini Pump Rushair HVS. Unable to do a photo at the mo I'm afraid.
  • Chunkers1980
    Shell construction: CNC-machined lightweight aluminium. Knurled texture grip points with machined grooves for added grip. CNC aluminium valve cap with MUDPLUG. Reversible Presta/Schrader valve connector. Includes mounting bracket and mounting bolts
  • Martin_col
    I see your description says "Reversible Presta/Schrader valve connector" I guess I need to have fiddle with it?
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    You will need to unscrew the end of the pump and reverse the insides, it should just pull out turn it over and refit. Presta is normally the default on most pumps.
  • Chunkers1980
    Yeah, one should be fat the other thinner. You might nee to unscrew something and flip it over, the press it on some how. Some screw tight, others have a lever, but I think that's a screw type
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Generally unscrew the end and reverse ALL the bits inside. A plastic thingy and a rubber douhnutty thingy normally.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Martin_col
    Okay thanks! Ill give that a bash when I get home later.
  • Martin_col
    Cheers guys, I've sorted it now! Thanks for the help!
  • Easy when you know how.however a different kettle of fish in rough conditions. Those screw out bits are easily misplaced.