Bike valuation

clickshots
clickshots Posts: 91
edited July 2013 in The bottom bracket
I'm wanting to sell a couple of bikes, but they've been modified a fair bit and so I'm have no idea how to value them. Is there a formula or something (e.g. loses 20% of its value per year) that I can follow?

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Stick them on Ebay with a minimum price of what you would accept?

Anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • clickshots
    clickshots Posts: 91
    I was hoping to sell them through here as eBay is quite expensive (Listing fees + 10% goes to eBay, then 3.4% goes to PayPal). But I need a firm price to place an advert. I'll have to just put a price on I think, then see what people say I guess :-P
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    Half of new retail if a couple of years old in good nick is a fair estimate.

A third of new price if not
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    We want pics. We want pics. We want pics. We want pics. We want pics. We want pics. We want pics. We want pics. v We want pics. We want pics. We want pics. We want pics. We want pics. We want pics. We want pics. We want pics. We want pics. We want pics. We want pics....

We do and specs.

We'll value it for you :wink:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    clickshots wrote:
    I'm wanting to sell a couple of bikes, but they've been modified a fair bit and so I'm have no idea how to value them. Is there a formula or something (e.g. loses 20% of its value per year) that I can follow?

If you sell it in Poundland then you need to sell it for a quid.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    If you could sell it in Portugal it would be worth double UK price, so RRP for a second hand bike, nice!

Example...
    http://www.olx.pt/nf/bicicletas-cat-9-p ... e,0,sort,1
    my isetta is a 300cc bike