Tesco Mountain Bike

Giraffoto
Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
edited July 2013 in MTB general
I saw this box in Tesco the other night . . .

Label1.jpg

They didn't have what was in the box on display, but it was £130.

By my calculation, that means Tesco are selling bikes at £3.25/lb
Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
XM-057 rigid 29er

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • thelonegroover
    thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
    It's probably better to eat than ride!
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Great reviews!
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    There amazing those bikes the frame is made from magnetic Aluminium. Thats a very rare alloy only found on BSOs from supermarkets.

A mate against all advice bought one of those pieces of shit from Argos for his daughter and asked me to put it together I told him he should be reported for child abuse. On my luggage scales a 12 inch bike weighed 37 pounds.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • lochussie
    lochussie Posts: 276
    "This Vertigo Eiger mountain bike is a rugged black men's mountain bike"
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    stubs wrote:
    A mate against all advice bought one of those pieces of shoot from Argos for his daughter and asked me to put it together I told him he should be reported for child abuse.

:lol: Lol
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    lochussie wrote:
    "This Vertigo Eiger mountain bike is a rugged black men's mountain bike"

:lol::lol: Mega lols. They didn't proof read that too well, did they?
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    The reviews are awesome on the tesco link nick posted 'This is a high-spec bicycle'
  • If these bikes are anything like their burgers they should be proper thoroughbreds
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Schmako wrote:
    The reviews are awesome on the tesco link nick posted 'This is a high-spec bicycle'

If the people buying them have never known any better why would they think it's bad? A lot of people still think £250 gets you a top end, race ready bike, they think that a £1000 bike is what a pro uses for the tour de france and a Raleigh Activator is a high end downhill bike.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    A lot of people still think £250 gets you a top end, race ready bike, they think that a £1000 bike is what a pro uses for the tour de france and a Raleigh Activator is a high end downhill bike.
    Oh yeah? Like who?

And by "Still think", do you mean their beliefs were once correct, but are no longer?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    People who inflation has passed by I'd imagine.
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    A lot of people still think £250 gets you a top end, race ready bike, they think that a £1000 bike is what a pro uses for the tour de france and a Raleigh Activator is a high end downhill bike.
    Oh yeah? Like who?

And by "Still think", do you mean their beliefs were once correct, but are no longer?

I'm guessing people who have no idea about bikes.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive